Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wax Notes | June 2014 (2)

Wow, I can't quite believe half the year has passed us by, it's been a really hectic six months and I am sooo ready for a break! My summer vacation officially starts next week, sooo close!

Did everyone get their Rosegirls order in? I did! And I can't quite believe that I managed to put in my order between the 2nd and 3rd minute. I have absolutely no idea what number I am on the list of orders but I am more than willing to wait. I intend to use this waiting period as my wax ban period and to use up my stash. It's getting a little out of control for my liking. I barely managed to pack my May orders into my existing storage boxes!

It was a good fortnight of melting!


Love Potion No.9 (Rosegirls)
I am melting my first-ever Rosegirls chunk! This is a mystery blend and scent notes aren't listed beyond that it's a blend between Love Spell and Pomegrate Blizzard. I am getting a warm and creamy note from this scent but for the most, it reminds me of a herbal drink. Medium throw. Unfortunately I had to stop this scent going, my nose did not like it. :(

Clover & Aloe (Front Porch Candle Co.)
A fresh, green and sweet spa scent. I find this really relaxing and it's pretty great for a warm day! This tart has a high throw, it's going right out of my bedroom door! Would definitely re-order.

Winds in the East (Enchanted Candle Co.)
I am loving the fresh aquatic and green scent. I am melting two cubes and it's throwing really well, medium high! But it also doesn't seem to last very long. On the second tealight, the throw is noticeably weaker.

Rattlesnake Grass (Two Timing Tart)
An old tart that I am using up. The scent throw is still pretty good at medium throw but the scent itself seems to have weakened. I smell a hint of sweet leafy greens and it's so pretty and springy! I wouldn't mind re-ordering this to get the full power of this scent.

Repeat Melts
Lavender, Green Tea, Grapefruit (Bit of Bliss)
Tie Dye (Lasting Scent Candles)
Bite Me Serendipity Bubble Gum (Lasting Scent Candles)
Rain Water + Rattlesnake Grass (Ten Digit Creations) - A little attempt at combining two scent blends together. My room is smelling fresh and clean!
Tease (Two Timing Tart) - Yay, another finished clamshell!

3 comments:

  1. Awww... Sorry to hear the first RG was a dud :-( but all the rest will be better than that one hopefully. I am not partial to Love Spell myself. FP has some really great fresh scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win some, you lose some! I am really liking my assorted sampler though (cold sniff review coming soon!)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get some good RG scents you like at some point! She does have a lot of good stuff. Clover & Aloe sounds really amazing, I will have to keep my eye out for that!

    ReplyDelete