Saturday, June 21, 2014

Haul | The Bathing Garden (2)


I had originally planned not to order from The Bathing Garden again so soon but this Alice in Wonderland-themed restock was pretty hard to resist! TBG also launched a new website with this restock to facilitate ordering, the shopping experience was really simple and quick but for some reason my paypal payment didn't go through. I realised this only when the order numbers before and after me were announced to be shipped but mine wasn't included! I emailed Shannon immediately to enquire and it was clarified that my payment failed! Shannon sent me a new invoice quickly and shipped out my order the following day. I was so relieved to know that my order would still be honoured and I wasn't bumped to the back of the queue. The wax tarts in my order is seriously the most beautiful I have ever seen, I don't know how Shannon does it. I am so impressed!

Alice in Lavenderland French lavender with vanilla extract and marshmallow cream.
Sometimes simple is best, this is straight up lavender sweetened nicely with vanilla and marshmallow.

Drink Me Luscious strawberry milkshake, cherry tart, and vanilla flowers with a guava cherry drizzle.
The vanilla and cherry are really strong to me but I can smell a hint of the strawberry and guava too.

Knave of Hearts Fresh picked strawberry, cotton candy, brown sugar crystals, and coconut flakes.
I am not sure about this one, the strawberry smells vaguely plasticky. The black wax embed is gorgeous though, really intricate!

Lemon Tea Party The soothing scent of black tea blended with tart juicy lemon.
Mmm, I can't stop sniffing this one. Another simple blend but so so delicious!

Mad Hatters Tea Party White tea is layered under cool Moroccan mint in this refreshing tart.
Oh, I am surprised by white tea note, it's very perfume-y compared to the black tea. I am looking forward to melting this on a warm day. With the Moroccan mint, I think this would be really refreshing.

Orange Marmalade Bright and delicious marmalade
This scent is just spot on! So good! Can't wait to try it!



Sea of Tears This pretty tart begins with fresh air, sea salt, ocean mist and aquatic florals. Green notes and beachy musks round it out. A very creamy floral.
Very lovely, this one. I get everything, fresh air, sea salt and the florals, and the sweetness of the musk.

Tea Party with Alice An unusual tart just in time for Alice's tea party! Bottom layer of black lemon tea, topped with strawberry jam, and drizzled with sweet honey cream.
So many layers of delicious scents, I am looking forward to see how it melts down. The only scent I am not really getting is the strawberry jam. Also, this tart is beautiful!

Tea with the Queen of Hearts Make no mistake...the Queen of Hearts likes her roses and her tea red. This tart is the most amazing of scent of Roobois Red Tea. Very comforting and mild, just like the drink.
I like this one very much, the rose scent is the strongest but like the description says, it's mild scent. Very pretty.

Tweetledee's Dilemma Vanilla extract, tropical bubbles, and a swirl of grape serendipity to really mix things up.
The grape note is sooo good! And the swirl is literal, such a pretty design.

Tweetledum's Epiphany Cream soda, sun-ripened raspberry, and a vanilla peach pudding.
This is my first peach scented tart and it is amazing! I can also smell the raspberry but not so much the cream soda. Definitely the surprise of the order.

Every order had three freebies, an Alice themed playing card (I got the Queen of Hearts!), a little brown one is supposed to be the cake that Alice eats. Smells like caramel cake. And for my block tart freebie, I got the one I was hoping really hard to get.

Duchess' Apple Rose Tart
A beautiful blend of apples and roses! And it is so strong that the box that holds my TBG clamshells smells like it now!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and lovely order!!! There were so many I wanted from this opening but I sat out. Sea of Tears is one of my favorite that she does. Apples and roses!!!! I am excited for this combo from Rosegirls. I am happy to hear you think this combo is pleasant. I am kicking myself for not ordering last opening too. The gardenia bakery scent... I bet it will end up being marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I originally thought about sitting it out too but the scent descriptions were too gooood!

      Delete