Friday, July 11, 2014

Haul | Sniff My Tarts (1)


Sniff My Tarts is definitely one of the most raved-about companies in the world of wax, and when I opened up my mystery bag, all the raves were definitely justified. This was the fruitiest and most fragrant bag of wax I have ever opened! In fact, when the postman delivered it, I was already smelling something grape-y but I didn't know it was from the SMT bag until I opened it. And even now, when I opened the box holding the SMT chunks, the fragrances are just floating out and scenting my room! If the cold throw is already this strong, I can't begin to imagine how strong the hot throw will be! If and when SMT re-opens, I am definitely going to try and get an order it.

Oh, and I have got to say, I love the thoughtfulness and friendliess that the SMT owners, Donna and Amy, and their FB admins Peggy and Alexandra exhibit on a daily basis. The SMT Facebook page is easily one of the most interactive and happy places around in the FB wax world. For the mystery bag and box sign-up lists, they even decided to allow the buyers to note the scents that they do not like and do not want to be added into their bags. For my bag, Donna and Amy definitely took my preferences into account and I got a wonderfully fruity bag with a few surprises thrown in!

Birthday Cake
A simple, no frills, yummy birthday cake.

Fresh Fruit / Forbidden Fruit / Sex on the Beach
This blend is so fun and tropical!

Mandarin Oranges / Pomegranate / Satsuma
Oh wow, the mandarin oranges and satsuma is so fresh and juicy! Totally right up my alley and I am going to enjoy melting this one. This is also such a big chunk that I think I can probably get 4 smaller chunks out of it.

Mango Sorbet / Tangerine / Strawberry Daiquiri
This is a super fruity, citrusy blend!

Pomegranate / Grape Muscadine / Blue Raspberry Slushee
I got two chunks in this bag. The grape muscadine is so good! I can also smell the pomegranate but no the blue raspberry slushee.

Raspberry Jam / Strawberry Preserves / Grape Jelly
I think the strawberry scent is the strongest in here but really I smell a fruity berry mix.



Serendipity / Marshmallow Noel / Peppermint
I already like Serendipity blended with Peppermint but the Marshmallow Noel sweetens it up a notch. This is also one really big chunk!

Tangerine / Pomegranate / Mango Sorbet
The tangerine is strongest in here, the pomegranate helps to temper the citrus and make the scent more 'full'. It's definitely less fruity than the other Tangerine and Mango Sorbet chunk that I received.

Watermelon / Strawberry Kiwi Sorbet / Raspberry Guava
The watermelon is the strongest of the three but I think it could be really fresh and tropical if all the notes come out when melting.

Willow's Chocolate Bacon Cupcake / Hazelnut Coffee / Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Type
When I saw this blend, I was shocked at the audacity of the buyer who decided to blend this! What were they thinking? And I was really prepared to hate this blend, chocolate + coffee + bakery ain't really my thing. But you know what was more shocking, I liked it! While the coffee is the strongest note neither does it overpower, I can also detect the salty-sweetness of the Chocolate Bacon Cupcake, this will be super interesting to melt.

Zucchini Bread / Serendipity Smoothie / Strawberry Jam
The zucchini bread is really strong and I can't smell much of the rest of the blend. I guess I will have to melt this to find out if the other notes come through.


2 comments:

  1. Nice mystery bag! Looking forward to hearing how the chocolate bacon/coffee/waffle one melts. I would never have made that blend either, but that is what makes the mystery bags so fun :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love mystery bags! It's so fun pulling out the chunks and discovering what you get! Totally takes the headache out of blending.

      Delete