Friday, July 4, 2014

OOPS!

I broke my wax ban.

Usually I am better at controlling my online shopping tendencies but this time I crumbled. If I was thinking ahead when I decided to go on the wax ban, I should have known better than to try and do a wax ban during the 4th of July when there are sales aplenty. So I succumbed to two really awesome sales, a 20% off at Ten Digit Creations and a 25% off at Enchanted Candle Co.

The TDC sale is on till tomorrow, 5 July, and it applies to all items on the website. I have been dying to re-order from TDC ever since I got back into wax but wanted to try out other new companies first. This sale was the perfect excuse to order. I got two sets of the Single Tart Special where you get to choose 13 individual tarts for a special price. I was gravitating towards unique fresh and fruity scents that most other vendors don't offer: Aloe & Green Tea, Apple Harvest, Avocado & Sea Salt, Bamboo & Sugar Cane, Bartlett Pear, Berry Verbena, Chamomile Apple, Fruit Loops, Green Tea & Willow, Honey Lemon, Lavender Apple, Lavender Mint, Lemon Marshmallow, Muscadine, Orange Blossom, Peppermint Meringue, Pink Sands, Red Mac Apple, Sea Berry, Sea Salt & Rice Flower, Serendipity, Sugar Milk, Sugared Jasmine, Twisted Lemon, Vanilla Lime and Violet Vixen.

The ECC sale was only live for 4 hours and although I have only melted a clamshell from the company, I felt like I liked the scents enough to warrant a second purchase. It wasn't a particularly big order but it include scents from the new Fathers of Disney line and some of the scents I missed out in my previous order. I got Darth, Marlin, The Sultan's Moroccan Massage Oil, Walt's Lemon Meringue Pie, No.17 Cherry Tree Lane, Lavender and Chamomile, Napa Valley, Wildberry Tea, Something Fruity and Icy Peppermint.

So now that I have broke my wax ban, I have decided I am going to keep on breaking it to order from the Thirty Street Crafts opening in a couple of weeks. Thirty Street Crafts have been getting a good bit of buzz lately and their blends are really complex types which I love. Whether I order will depend on the scents that's going to be available so we will see!

On a more exciting note, I am officially on vacation! Yay! My last vacation was in November 2013 and I have been really looking forward to this even though it doesn't feel quite real yet. I am going to be at home for most of next week before flying to Australia, Gold Coast and Brisbane to be exact, for a holiday with friends and catching up with family. Eek! I can't wait, I need to start packing!

4 comments:

  1. Happy vacation time!!! Nice orders to look forward to. I really want to hear about the Moroccan one pretty please! Mmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, vacation! I hope you are having a good time on yours! Of course, I will report back on the Moroccan scent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were really great sales to break your ban! It happens to the best of us (some more often than others, like me, LOL). Hope you enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, now I need to figure out when I am going to get back on the ban!

      Delete