Sunday, March 16, 2014

One Sick, Lucky Day

I am home sick today with a viral throat infection but I am totally cheered up by two winnings on Facebook.

1. A prominent member of the wax community, Jessica, had a personal tragedy and some of her friends banded together to organise an auction to raise money to help her through this tough time. I placed a few bids over the weekend, with my last bid about two hours before the auction closed. I didn't think I would win because I expected a last minute flurry of bids but somehow I won one of the lots. I am so happy to be able to contribute and as a bonus get a great box of wax. I won the lot contributed by Audrey and except for Super Tarts, every vendor is new to me - Up The Creek, Sugar & Spice Gourmet, Sassy Girl Aroma, Rosegirls (!!), Vintage Chic Scents, Candles from the Keeping Room and Bit of Bliss.

2. A few hours later, after coming back from the doctor, I saw a notification that I had won a lot in the Vintage Chic Scents flash sale. I am super excited about this because the way the VCS website is set up doesn't allow for a non-US billing address, which makes me unable to order from them at the moment. My only hope is to try them through destashes or winning a Facebook flash sales, and I did! Whoo! The flash sale lot included 11 scent shots and 1 rose tart. The scents are a mystery which is driving me nuts! I can't wait to find out what I got.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better! Congrats on the lots that you won. I'm especially excited for you to try Sugar & Spice, Sassy Girl and Rosegirls! Can't wait to see your haul pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunnee! I can't wait to try them too!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your winnings!!! Totally exciting! I hope you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I am so much better today and am back at work!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your winnings! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your winnings girl!! Trying out new vendors is so much fun! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! I am super looking to all these new vendors!

      Delete