Friday, March 21, 2014

Haul | L3 Waxy Wonders (1)



What a thrill it is to win a flash sale especially from a vendor that's getting popular in the wax world. I have been studying L3 Waxy Wonders' Facebook page for a little while. Even joined a few of the flash sales before but was never fast or lucky enough till now! I was so excited when I saw that I finally won a mystery bag a few weeks ago.

Owned by Jennifer Medina, L3 is unique that it allows you to blend up to 3 scents for a single chunk of wax. And for only $2! For beginner scent blenders, this is a great company to test your blending skills. With each chunk ordered, Jennifer pours a whole tray. The remaining chunks then goes into mystery bags that are offered every week on her page. Each mystery bag contains 10 chunks and costs $25.70. Jennifer recently revamped her mystery bag system to a sign up list which almost gaurantees that you will get a bag! I love that, no more having to cross one's fingers to get their hands on her wax. Her chunks are amazing looking and they smell really good! I was so excited to open up my bag and find out what I got. Here are my 10 chunks.

Banana Best Friends Boo Berry
I am not sure what the Best Friends scent is but the Banana is strong here. It's a Banana candy scent rather than a fresh Banana. I didn't think I would like Banana scents but I think it might grow on me.
(p/s: Best Friends is boysenberries, elderberries, guava, strawberries and pomegranate.)

Bite Me Serendipity Bubble Gum
I really like this! I wasn't sure whether I would like bubble gum scents but I do! Such a sweet chunk this one.
(p/s: Bite Me is a strong berry and cherry scent.)

Boo Berry Zucchini Bread Vanilla Bean Noel
I am getting something fruity bakery. This is my first ZB scent, I am looking forward to trying it.

Coffee Bean Caramel Mexican Hot Chocolate
Woah, baby! This chunk was strong. I could smell it even before opening the bag. Sadly this one is not for me. That spicy coffee chocolate scent just rubs me the wrong way.

Cotton Candy Cuppy Cheesecake
Mmm, sweet!


Fantastic Butterbrickle
This one isn't for me. I am not a fan of toffee and caramel scents.

Luscious Lemon Lollis
This scent blend is my favourite of the lot! The lemon is so fresh and clean! I also really like the colour combination of light and bright yellows, accentuated by the gold glitter! Gorgeous!

Lavender Cotton Candy Frosting
Wow, the lavender is strong and herbal. If the cotton candy frosting sweetens it during melting, I think this would be really pretty!

Pink Sugar Peach Smoothie Strawberry
I am smelling pink and fruity

Pomegranate Wildberry Mousse
A vague fruity scent. I smell hints of Wildberry. I love the chunks here, I really like chunks in the same colour but different tones!


There were three samples included in the mystery bag. Above and beyond!

Spring Breeze (Raspberries, Lemon and Soft Florals)
This one is gorgeous! When L3 reopens, I am definitely ordering this by itself and in various blends.

Lemon Raspberry Shortcake
Very strong and authentic shortcake scent but I am not a fan of cake scents.

Butterscotch Cake Pop
Another scent that doesn't do it for me.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about that spring breeze scent lately. It's also on my list. Your first ZB? Please let us know how you like it! Love this post Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get Spring Breeze, it's worth a sniff! How was your mystery bag, was it similar to mine? Yes, my very first ZB, I was a little wary because I am not a big bakery fan but blended with Boo Berry, I think I can do it! :)

      Delete
  2. Yum!! Looks like you got a great mix of scents in your lot! I have been hearing a lot about this Luscious Lemon Lollis scent lately, I might have to try it! Spring Breeze sounds really nice too. Hope you enjoy all your new goodies =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Luscious Lemon Lollis has chunks of clean lemon and the lollis scent as the overpour which makes it sweet and fresh! I hope you get to try it!

    ReplyDelete