Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Haul | The Bathing Garden (1)


What everyone said is true, The Bathing Garden has some of the most beautiful clamshells around. The colours are gorgeous and each one decorated in a different manner that corresponds to its scents or to enhance the scent blend.

TAT was estimated at three weeks from the time you paid. I ordered on 21 January, invoice was issued on 23 January and I paid on the same day. I received my Click & Ship on 16 February! Customer service was excellent throughout. Progress on our orders were updated regularly on the Facebook page. You always knew what Shannon was up to, and if not Heather (her FB admin) will step in to help out! Shannon actually revealed that she poured 1200 tarts for orders made within the first 3 days of her restock! How crazy is that!

The Olive Lemon Grove
Citrus fruits of lemon and bergamot are intertwined with leafy olive branches and just a hint of sweetness. - Even though the fruits scents in this blend are often thought of as acidic and sharp, this is actually a very mellow, creamy citrus blend. Also a hint of soapiness. The hint of sweetness is accentuated by sugar crystals sprinkled onto the wax. (This is supposed to be a dupe of Lush's Olive Branch.)

Sleepy
Pink sugar, peppermint and vanilla. - This is a lovely blend of all three scents, I heard peppermint can be very overwhelming but this isn't so. To be honest though, I am not sure if I like Pink Sugar.

Marshmallow Cookie Jar
Layers of marshmallow and sweet frosted sugar cookies. - The marshmallow is so delicious! And the cookies, yum! I can't wait to melt this!

Lemon Curd & Rose Milk
Tart lemon curd layered over fresh cut roses blended with rich milk. - Mmm, I really like this combination. It's a rather sharp lemon but tempered very nicely with the rose. It cracked in transit so I popped one cube into my warmer. On warm, it smells exactly like the cold sniff. Oh, and this one is two toned, yellow on top and red below.

Cleopatra's Cream Bath
Butter, cream, milk, golden honey, rosewood and a hint of musk. Topped with a sprinkle of rose petals and glitter. - I am a big fan of honey scents and this one is beautiful for both its scent and decor. Smooth and sweet.


Vintage Circus
Blue cotton candy layered over candy apples. - This one is all sweet and candy-like, plus I love the winter candy apple scent. Another beautiful two-toner to denote the two scents, blue for the blue cotton candy on top and red for the winter candy apple below.

Gardenia Coconut Cream
White gardenia, shredded coconut and creamy vanilla. - This is such a beautiful sweet floral, the vanilla and coconut smoothens it out and I think even non-floral people would like it.

Ever Night
Lavender and lilac is highlighted with a touch of eucalyptus and blended with soft woods, white musk, and sugary vanilla. - The lavender is very strong and mostly what I smell. I hope the vanilla and musk will come out more in melting. It also has a small sprig of lavender embedded!

Vanilla Layered Root Beer Float
Creamy vanilla ice cream layered over bubbly root beer. - Amazing, so true to life!

Faerie Bonfire
A complex bonfire scent with notes of leaves, vanilla, and raspberry icing. - Comparing this with Two Timing Tart's This One Time at Summer Camp, this one is sweeter and a bit more complex.


Ophelia in Gold
Main notes of Raw honey, jasmine, and lily. Rounded out with hints of rose, bergamot, and musk. - This is such a generous freebie! It made my package smell so good! As you can probably tell now, I am a honey and floral fan.

Even though I barely melted anything in this order, the cold sniff was awesome enough for me to order during the most recent Alice in Wonderland-themed restock! I had such a hard time whittling my list of scents down to just 11 clamshells to fit into the envelope. Now, I have to figure out two more companies to order from in April (such a chore, huh!) to ship together with this order! I already know I want to order from K's Kreation. Hopefully, there will be an interesting restock or reopening soon!

Oh! And my Super Tarts, Crabby Candles and L3 Mystery Bag will be coming in this week! Super excited for them!

8 comments:

  1. Great haul! I like Sleepy a lot, but I definitely have to be in the mood for the Pink Sugar part. Faerie Bonfire is one of my faves from TBG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! I am on the fence with Pink Sugar, I don't recall ever liking it very much in the past but I am giving it another chance as I re-discover what my nose likes! Faerie Bonfire is so pretty, definitely one for a cool night!

      Delete
  2. Great order! Would gladly take sleep off your hands if you decided it's not for you. Or any wax that are not to your liking. Sleepy is one of my favorite. FYI you might want to look into getting PP bags for TBG clamshells. Not sure is it our weather but my tbg clamshells ate through the plastic within 3 to 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherlyn, for now Sleepy will continue to be mine! :)) But your idea of swapping wax is great, I wouldn't mind doing that in the future! Good to know, I am not the only wax lover in SG! Oh no, really? I better keep an eye on them, these are my first ever clamshells so I am not sure what to expect. Where do you get your PP bags?

      Delete
    2. I got my PP bags through US In the clear on etsy which seems to be very well recommended by wax lovers. Gotten 2 sizes in zip lock style, one smaller 4x3 for grubby size and 4x5 for full clamshells. Sadly my 4x3 bags seems like it's not airtight. I am able to squeeze out air after zipping it. But shipping it back is to ex for me to do anything. Oh well, my luck.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Cherlyn! I will check out that store!

      Delete
  3. You got some great scents!! I love TBG sleepy, coconut gardenia and cleopatra's bath too. Such sophisticated scents. Shannon has a great nose. I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will, so glad I decided to give Coconut Garden and Cleopatra's Bath a try. Shannon really has lovely, feminine scents!

      Delete