Sunday, March 30, 2014

Haul | Crabby Candle Co. (1)


I had a little issue with my Crabby Candle order. After the package was shipped out, the owner John emailed to let me know that there was a mix-up in the packages sent out. He immediately offered to re-send my order to me. My situation was a little complicated because of my shipping service, I could return the package and wait for my original package but it would have just been a tedious process. John actually offered to let me keep both packages as well but it meant I would have exceeded my 3-package quota for shipping and I also didn't want to have that many tarts from a new vendor that I was trying out. I asked which package was sent to me, John narrowed it down to two possible orders and after looking through the scents, I said I would be happy to keep either because I ordered quite a few of the same tarts and the value of the order was similar. John was also really nice to offer a small refund to make up for his mistake which is always appreciated. All in all, great customer service from John to make up for an error.

It was actually quite exciting to open up the package because I treated it as a mystery package. The scents came in both the 0.75oz and 1.5oz tart cups. While the cups are rather sturdy, a few of them got smashed in transit because they were packed in an envelop rather than a flat rate box. The scents were all strong on cold sniff and true to scent descriptions. I even managed to discover a few favourites that weren't in my original order!

Bliss A clean spa fragrance designed to sooth and uplift. Lemon and sage, mixed with chamomile and rosewater
I like the basic, clean lemon scent that I am getting. I hope the chamomile and rosewater comes out more during melting.

Butt Naked Apple, melon, cherry, strawberry and pears combined with a touch of spice to bring it all together.
The dominant scent is melon and then comes a tangle of fruitiness. Nice!

Capriolo This scent combines the best of the Italian countryside, olive groves and mountain air.
This scent is the surprise of the order, it smells amazing, citrus and fresh, definitely something I would re-order.

Caramel Pralines
Too sweet and bakery for me.

Circus Circus Everything you'd get at a circus. Cotton candy, caramel apple, kettle corn and funnel cake.
This is the first circus type blend I am smelling, I am surprised it's not 'heavier' with the caramel apple, kettle corn and funnel cake.

Constantine Named after Constantine the Great, Constantine is a strong, earthy fragrance with a little finesse, sage and exotic florals are the predominant notes in this one.
The floral is on the stronger side, the earthiness adds an interesting dimension to it.

Cookie Madness White chocolate macadamia nut cookie!
I smell chocolate cookie. Looking forward to melting a cookie scent.

Day at the Spa This sweet and clean scent is fused with lemongrass, patchouli, and lime, to create the perfect 'spa' feeling.
Ooh, so fresh and lemon-y! Love this one!

Hawaiian Rainbow Cake Butter cream frosting and moist white cake are the base for this amazing scent but the tropical fruits in it are the starts of this show. Pineapple, coconut, hints of mango and lime mingle and burst unexpectedly through in this perfect fruity/bakery scent.
Loving the tropical mix of fruits, the cake note isn't very strong which is fine by me!

Olive Blossom
This is a green and fresh type scent. I don't smell any florals or sweetness. I have to decide if I like this category

Pink Dunes Our take on Yankee Candle's Pink Sands
I smell quite a bit of sweet melon in this. Super pretty, could be on the re-order list too!

Pinky Skittleton
Another sweet skittles scent! I can't believe how authentic the skittles scent is. The cold sniff is really strong too!

Vanilla Lavender Calming lavender and earthy, homey vanilla.
A pretty scent, the lavender is sweet and herbal

White Tea & Mango A Crabby Candle original, a fresh scent that will take you by surprise. Calming white tea with a touch of jasmine with the perfect backdrop of mango make this a stand out scent.
This is such a gorgeous blend, mango and florals go really well together! I would definitely re-order it.

Princess B Queen B with Pink Sugar
This tart is unlabelled but I think it might be Princess B. Another lovely floral scent, the pink sugar adds an additional sweetness.


Bailey's in Bed A rich and decadent Irish Cream, this scent is sure to please any bakery lovers nose.
Two words: mmm, yum! I am not a big bakery person but I really like this one.

Bear Claws
I have never had a Bear Claw before but I wouldn't mind trying it if I ever get a chance. The strongest scent I am getting is a spicy cinnamon followed by a sweet fig-like scent.

Candy Crush
Smells like a fruit-type candy like Skittles. I think Crabby's Skittles scent might be blended in it.

Creme de la Creme A complex blend of cream with notes of caramel and brown sugar.
It seems like my nose likes cream scents. This smells like vanilla ice cream!

Jelly Beans
Exactly like the candy. This would be a nice blending scent!

Passionate Kisses With top notes of cherry and orange, middle notes of vanilla and caramel, and just a hint of almond.
Definitely more than a hint of almond. There's also a bit of artificial-ness that I am associating with the cherry. I have to melt this to know more.

Pistachio Gelato
I am not sure what I am smelling, I smell something sweet and creamy.

Queen B A complex blend of white lily, freesia and exotic florals with base notes of vanilla and musk.
What a beautiful floral blend, I really love this one.

Serendipity Spell
I think this is supposed to be a blend of Serendipity and Love Spell. Such a pretty, fruity scent!

Squeaky Clean Surprisingly clean, this one makes people exclaim: it smells like my favourite body soap. A base of baby powder, with touches of musk, amber and vanilla.
The baby powder is strong and so authentic! I think this would be a nice scent to blend with florals.

Strawberry Shortcake Strawberry, vanilla sponge cake and whipped cream
I am smelling a bitter, earthy scent. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment