Saturday, March 1, 2014

Haul | Two Timing Tart (1)

I ordered from Two Timing Tart during a clearance sale when Becky was clearing out stock to bring in a new wax formula. However, I did get Hello Sweetie in the new formula which was indicated on my invoice. I ordered on 26 January, received my Click & Ship on 29 January and it reached my Portland box on 31 January! That's really fast, considering TTT isn't even Becky's full time job!

I really like Two Timing Tart, their scent descriptions are witty and full of personality, the blends are complex and great-smelling, TAT is fast and customer service friendly and efficient. And Becky (the owner) has Doctor Who-inspired scents! Before this, I didn't realise that fandom could infiltrate the wax world, what choice did I have but to scoop them all up and dump them in my cart.


Hello Sweetie (new wax formula)
Who doesn't want to celebrate Valentine's Day with our favourite feminine psychopath? River Song always brings her mix of gunslinging and hallucinogenic lipstick kisses with her iconic phase - sprinkled throughout time and space, she is the one smartass that endures. A sheer wash of fruits, violets, and sandalwood masks the violent sociopathic nature of her love.

I smell a fruity-floral blend of sweet citrus and violets, without any sandalwood for now.

Madman With A Box
Anyone who hangs out with me more than five minutes knows that I have incurable love of Doctor Who. So what better way to salute my favourite show than a mix of blue agave, blueberry, lime, and freshly crushed peppermint candies? It's a little fruity, a lot crazy, and totally sonic. Who looked at a wax tart and thought it could be a bit more sonic? This Whovian.

I can't discern the blue agave and blueberry separately but they are strong together, drowning the lime out. These three scents are then pitted against the sweet peppermint, making it a really refreshing scent! Definitely one for a hot day.

Still Not Ginger
What is the Doctor's fascination with gingers, anyway? Redheads aren't any better than - oh wait. Yeah, nevermind. I forgot that gingers are mutants and abnormalities are what the Doctor thrives on. Duuuuh, silly me. Get your non-ginger self perked up with this shamefully delicious mix of fizzy gingle ale, orange peel, and pink sugar.

For me, the gingle ale and orange citrus tops the pink sugar. Loving the faint hint of fizzyness too! Yum!

The Sound of Drums
When you look into the time vortex, it looks into you. And sometimes, you'll go mad in the process. This is the scent of something so very familiar and yet slightly unhinged with insanity; serendipity touched with the depravity of dragons blood resin.

This is one strong blend, the musk from dragons blood and coconut from serendipity being the strongest scents I can discern. Very sexy.


Daydreamer (discontinued)
Lose yourself in the clouds and zone out to the scent of citrus musk, sandalwood, and a warm rush of cassis, lemongrass, and kiwi.

A citrus, herbal musk scent. Again, the musk is very strong!

Drunk Photography
Because everyone wants to see your boobs - or your junk. Especially when it's sepia-toned. Wait, hold on, how about a random shaky shot of that ceiling fan? Have another one - a three olive gin martini with a twist of yuzu.

I really like this one, sour-sweet citrus!

Drunk Texting
It's difficult to understand QWERTY keyboards when you're drunk. Damn autocorrect - I didn't really mean to text my dad...crap. The scent of a cucumber mojito that tipped the scales in favor of drunken textual mayhem.

Mmm, I smell the freshness of the cucumber. I can definitely see this being melted in a spa/resort setting. Must be that mojito!

Drunk Tweeting
140 characters, alcohol, and a QWERTY keyboard...what could possibly go wrong? This is the scent of a coconut-mango mojito, and a hella possession of the ability to crunch down words into nonsensical letters.

Another mojito scent but this one is very fruity, that mango is amazing! Another hit!


Captain Tightpants
Let's hear it for Malcolm Reynolds, the only Firefly captain out there who runs around in fake buckskin breeches. Earth That Was would be so proud, Captain Tightpants. Rice flowers, sandalwood, patchouli and seasalt.

Wow, another strong scent! The seasalt is strong and made powdery, soft and feminine by the rice flowers.

This One Time at Summer Camp
Formerly known as Suck It, BBW, this is the warm delicious scent of a fireside marshmallow melting party: twigs, leaves, berries, smoke, and toasted marshmallows. This is what Marshmallow Fireside from BBW wishes it could be.

All I can think of is this is sweet. I compared it with the candle of Marshmallow Fireside and this one definitely beats it in terms of cold scent throw!

Silk Sheets
Forget silk stockings - any woman with a penchant for love knows that silk sheets are the way to go. The feeling of silk on bare skin is almost as sexy as this mix of musk, vanilla, and the most exquisitely soft cherry blossoms.

I love this one so much, it's so pretty and feminine. Can't get enough!

Tease
Make a good cup of tea - vanilla tea and Moroccan mint - and show a little knee, ladies. Just don't get caught winking and blowing kisses at the married men.

I want this in a tea cup to sip for the afternoon! I actually smell a little lemon in it too!



I was really surprised that Becky included 3 free scent shots as part of my order. It's so generous especially when I bought from her during a clearance sale! These scent shots are all Blue Sugar blends and are tester scents because she labels them with their scent notes rather than a name. I have never tried Blue Sugar or its blends before so these are totally new to me.

Blue Sugar Gin Martini
A powdery, sour citrus.

Blue Sugar Lavender Martini
I smell the same base as Blue Sugar Gin Martini but the lavender really amps up the blend. The lavender is leaning towards laundry spectrum for me.

Blue Sugar Toddy
Yucks. The toddy is the more powerful of the two scents. only upon further sniffing do I discern the blue sugar base. Not my thing.

4 comments:

  1. Doctor Who scents!!?! Awesome!! Dragons Blood and serendipity threw me for a loop. How unique. Looking forward to the melted review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an unusual blend, I think it would be really great as a night scent.

      Delete
  2. I just love the clean lines and simplicity of TTT branding! Sometimes I wish their website was in color though. I just scored drunk tweeting in a round robin today--I'm really excited to melt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a distinctive branding even in monochrome! Ooh, awesome for you, I think you will like it. Is this the first time you are trying TTT?

      Delete