Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Wax Notes | Nov 2014 (2)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with your families. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Singapore but we certainly do follow the tradition of Black Friday and Cyber Monday! :) What did everyone score?

I put in orders at Tiffany Candles and K's Kreations, both companies I have yet to try any  products from so I am excited about receiving them. Both my orders were probably on the smaller side. But since both companies do customs, I got all the scents I wanted! My aunt who is holidaying in the US also helped to put in an order of BBW Wallflowers for me. I got Topaz Waters, Fresh Bamboo, Country Apple, Eucalyptus Spearmint, Lavender Vanilla and Holiday Apple Crisp! Sometimes I wonder why I buy so many wallflowers when I am using them at such a slow rate, but I just can't resist!

Onto the wax!


Tropical Pop (Glitterati)
Just like my cold sniff impression, this smells like apples. I wonder if the Winter Candy Apple type scent is part of this blend. Really strong scent throw!

Olive Blossom (Crabby Candle Co.)
Fresh and green scent, I feel like I am out walking in a field. Medium low throw but sadly it lasted for only about one tealight. Disappointing.

Willow's Chocolate Bacon Cupcake / Hazet Nut Coffee / Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Type (Sniff My Tarts)
This blend is a mouthful, isn't it! I got it from my SMT mystery bag a little while ago and I have been waiting for a cool day to melt it. It's rainy today and finally the perfect time to melt this chunk. The dominant scent for me is the Hazelnut Coffee, the rest falls in line neatly. Barely any hint of bacon but when it does come out, it's fun and unexpected!

Luscious Lemon Lollies (L3WW)
More clean than sweet lemon. I would have preferred the latter in a scent of this name. I am not too crazy about this one. The throw is medium-high but thankfully not overpowering. On the second melt, there was barely any throw though.


Lemon Raspberry Shortcake (L3WW)
Very authentic shortcake scent. Medium throw at first, peters out quickly.

Raspberry Peach Tea (Rosegirls)
This half-chunk is throwing like a beast! And it is gorgeously fruity, perfect for a warm sunny day! I smell an equal parts of raspberry and peach.


Repeat Melts
Winds in the East (Enchanted Candle Co.)
Honeydew, Strawberry, Creamsicle (Super Tarts)
Citrus Explosion (Super Tarts)

2 comments:

  1. Olive Blossom sounds lovely!! Do you think it might be aLush Olive Branch dupe? I adore that scent. Glad you scored some Black Friday deals <3 looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never smelled Lush Olive Branch so I am not sure but I under TBG's The Olive Lemon Grove is a dupe of that? It smells nothing like Crabby's Olive Blossom though. I am getting my haul in sometime next week, I can't wait for them too!

      Delete