Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Wax Notes | Dec 2014

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! I hope you have happy plans for tonight, whatever it may be, a night out on the town or a cozy evening in with your loved ones. :)

I was really busy this December, preparing for an incredibly packed calendar of events for January. So rather than making two wax notes posts as I usually do, I got lazy and decided to just keep the posts running for the rest of the month. You don't mind, right? :)

You might notice as you scroll down this post that my cream warmer has suffered a little mishap. I was trying to knock out a particularly troublesome piece of wax when I got a little too enthusiastic and a chunk of the ceramic was broken off as well. Now it looks like someone took a chomp out of it!


Tuscan Fields (Thirty Street Wax)
Wow! This tart has barely melted and it's begin to throw like crazy! Sweet yet clean and green scent. Very slightly acidic but in a pleasant way. It also has a syrupy sweet quality to it. I love complex blends like these!

Zucchini Noel Surprise (Up The Creek)
I probably should have cut this chunk up in half but I was lazy and I wanted to test out the theory about small and large chunks and how it affects throw. My conclusion is less is more! I decided to melt this on a cool, rainy night and it was the perfect, mellow blend of sweet and spice for me. The throw was medium to medium-high but it didn't last beyond two tealights.

Blue Sugar Gin Martini (Two Timing Tart)
I am melting an entire 2oz cup but there is barely any scent. From what I can sniff, it's an interesting alcoholic blend. I would drink this. Hee!

Sinus Relief (Tiffany Candles)
This wax tarts from Tiffany's came just in time, I have been really congested today and after popping this in, I can feel my nose clearing! Refreshing! My mother claims she can smell this clear across the hall from my room into hers, which makes this wax very very high throwing indeed.


Candy Crush (Crabby Candle Co.)

To my nose, this is a sweet grape candy-like scent but with a twist - a little caramel sweetness mixed in. It's pleasant but not a scent that grabs me. Medium scent throw.

Candy Crush (Up The Creek)
I thought it would be interesting to melt two identically named scents in succession to find out if they might be the same scent oil. I think they might be the same but UTC's is slightly fruitier. This is a sweet fruity scent, not citrusy. Medium scent throw.

Pina Colada (Super Tarts) - Not pictured, I forgot to take a picture!
Weirdly, I keep thinking of cookies while it was melting. But I can also detect yummy, tropical pineapples and rum! I have come to associate Super Tarts with a high scent throw initially but it peters out later.

Just A Head Cold (Enchanted)
I had a really bad sneeze that day and I needed to try this out in hopes that it will help clear my stuffed up nose and throat. I am not sure if I am really stuffed up or the throw isn't very strong. But when it does get in my nose, I can feel it just go down my lungs! The second night I melted this, I decided I was definitely congested, the throw was incredibly strong!

Repeat Melts
Winds in the East (Enchanted)
Luscious Lemon Lollies (L3WW)
Lemon Curd & Rose Milk (TBG)
Vintage Circus (TBG)
Raspberry Tea (RG)
Vanilla Layered Root Beer Float (TBG)

No comments:

Post a Comment