Sunday, December 28, 2014

Haul | Rosegirls (2)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas break!

This haul post has been awhile in the making but I have a few days off so I finally got my butt in order to work on my backlog! This RG order was from the 21 June opening. I believe there was a sampler opening and a sale on gift cards recently but I passed on them because with this haul, I have enough RG to last me for a little while.

I was pretty lucky with this haul, making it into the second or third group of wax orders. I didn't think my fingers were that fast! Jenny announced on 23 July that she started working on my order group and I received my CnS on 7 Aug. Just based on the 23 July-7 Aug period, that's a reasonable TAT! Overall, while all the orders in any particular opening may take about 3-4 months to complete, I would say that considering the crazy huge orders that are put in, that Rosegirls also makes wax to stock a physical store and the products are of a high quality, the overall TAT is justified.

I am very satisfied and happy with this order. The scents I picked smell delicious and are all expertly blended. For sure, I will brave the crazy ordering for more RG in future!


Alice in Wonderland Blend of Honeydew and Cotton Candy Frosting
OMG, the honeydew scent is so authentic and really good! And I eat honeydew on a weekly bais

Apple Colada Blend of Green Apple and other tropical fruits
This is a really yummy blend of tropical fruits anchored by the sourness of the green apple.

Blueberry Hill Blend of Boo Berry and Frankenberry
One of RG's most popular blend and I can see why.  I am not sure what's Boo Berry or Frankenberry but this blend is just so berry-licious!

Koopa Troopa Assault Blend of Raspberry Sauce, Sweet Lemon Confection, Pomegranate, and Smoothie
Another crazy popular RG blend, and I am joining the crowd! That Sweet Lemon Confection scent is so good! I might have to seek out all blends with this scent in it.

Lavender Cupcakes with Honey Frosting Blend of Lavender, Cuppa Cake and Wild Honey Bee
Mmm, the Wild Honey Bee scent envelopes the Lavender scent in a huge hug of sweetness but very faintly, a little herbal lavender still shines through to make things interesting. The cuppa cake scent is barely there which suits me just fine!


Macintosh Madness + Rosegirls Garden
Apples and florals make such a good combination, that sweet crunchiness of the Macintosh apples goes really well with the greenness of the florals.

Monster Cookie Fluff Puffs Blend of Smoothie and Monster Cookie
I rarely buy bakery but this blend is continuously praised on the RG facebook page that I just had to try it out and see for myself. It smells a little weird right now, kind of like plastic? I hope it gets better with melting.

Singing in the Rain Secret blend!
This blend is amazing! I will need truckloads more, for sure! To my nose, I detect clean lemon and herbal-type scent. It's fresh and relaxing at the same time!

Summer Daze Blend of Starfruit, Green Apple and Sugared Apple
Another apple blend, of course I had to try it! It's not as sour as Apple Colada but sweeter and more mellow.

Sunny Days Blend of Strawberry Jam and Satsuma
Yummy! I love Satsuma blends for its citrus fizziness, it blends so well with strawberry!


Love Is Many Splendored Thing Pink Sands, Honeydew and Whipped Cream
While this blend is overwhelmingly Pink Sands, there is an extra depth of scent provided by the honeydew.

Nilla Strawberry Noel Blend of Nilla Wafers, Strawberry Jam and Vanilla Bean Noel
The Nilla Wafers are really strong in this scent and it smells really like crispy wafers. If I sniff hard enough, I can detect the strawberry jam.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and great choices! Singing in the Rain is one of my favorites too and I melted it today. MCFP is crazy popular. I do enjoy it but I think I like frosted streuselkuchen for a bakery choice from RG more. RG does have a kick butt lemon. Crazy strong and nice balance of sweet and sour. Can't wait to hear your melted thoughts. Hope you had a Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wonder when will I ever to melting this when I still have yet to melt from my sampler! I have to start sneaking them in here and there! Maybe it's good that Rosegirls open so little times a year!

      Delete