Thursday, November 20, 2014

Wax Notes | Nov 2014 (1)



Hello!

I have been away for a little while, haven't I? It's been a busy last few weeks for me, I went on a solo vacation to Kaohsiung, Taiwan (an amazing experience), catching up on work and attending training courses. I almost forgot it was time to put up this fortnightly melts post. So rest assured, I am still here and melting! Confession: I cheated a little, I included a couple melts that were started before 1 Nov.

So is everyone making big plans for Black Friday / Small Business Saturday sales? I am hoping to make a few orders, my last for the year, and I would like for them to be vendors I have yet to try. I am hoping for Tiffany Candles, I Heart Wax, K's Kreations, Sugar & Spice or Streetman's. What about you?


Capriolo (Crabby Candle Company)
This was one of the favourites of my order with Crabby and it really is fantastic during the melting! It's an airy, fruity scent and while the scent reminds me of lychees, it makes my colleague think of raspberries! I am always amused at the different reactions from my colleagues when I melt in the office. It's fun!

Toasted Marshmallow & Twinkies (CFTKR)
I was a little worried about this scent because my cold sniff impression include a burnt note but when melted, it's just marshmallow through and through. A consistent high-thrower!

Fall Berry (Glitterati Candle Co.)
I like this combination of green leaves and cranberry! A very pleasant, natural scent. I wonder if Fall really does smell like this? And don't underestimate this tiny sample, there's actually a lot more wax than it seems. Throw is medium to medium-high

Citrus Explosion (Super Tarts)
What the name says, a huge swirl of citrus scents! I can't pick any specific one out and I really don't care too! I just like how energising and uplifting this is.


Raspberry Cream Filled Twinkies (CFTKR)
Oh my, the raspberry scent is absolutely delicious in here, I can almost imagine biting into a treat like this with Raspberry cream squirting out! It is so good!

Mad Hatter's Tea Party (The Bathing Garden)
I smell neither mint nor tea distinctly but there is a rather pleasant and soothing lime scent. Very weird but very nice too. Medium low scent throw.

Repeat Melts
Sleepy (The Bathing Garden)
Ever Night (The Bathing Garden)
Cotton Candy Cheesecake (L3WW)
Pink Sugar Milk (CFTKR)
Honeydew, Strrawberry & Creamsicle (Super Tarts)

4 comments:

  1. Sugar & Spice or Streetman's! Heck yeah! Those are awesome vendors. Are they having sales? I am in lots of wax groups, but I haven't really seen anything about Black Friday sales...maybe I am looking in the wrong place! Excellent melts this go around, it is cool that you melt in your office! Love Sleepy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! No, they haven't announced sales yet, I have been stalking their FB groups! Sugar & Spice are having some website problems but I am hoping that it might be resolved by Black Friday for them to announce any sales they might be planning. The Wax Uncensored FB group has a file on-going that documents sales, check it out! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Excellent bunch of melts Michelle!! I used to melt at work too and it was always interesting to hear what people's thoughts were on my wax. They thought RG Monster Cookie Fluff Puffs smelled like stale cereal and Alice in Wonderland smelled like rotting melon lol. Perhaps the most hated was CFTKR Jam and Scones, people were begging me to turn that one off! They always seemed to like vanillas and lavenders though! I don't think I'll be buying much more wax for the year but I will definitely be keeping my eyes out on Tiffany Candles, just in case =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome melts! I enjoyed Fallberry as well. I really should look into Tiffany's as it has been over a year since I have tried her. Sugar & Spice is on my radar too. I loved seeing your vacay pics on FB.

    ReplyDelete