Sunday, August 30, 2015

Wax Notes | August 2015

Hello everyone! How has everyone been this summer! I have been really busy with work and travel that's why I haven't been very much on the blog. But I did manage to schedule a couple of haul posts from Tiffany Candles and One Little Indian Scents, I hope you enjoyed that. I still have two more hauls to share from Sniff My Tarts and Candles From The Keeping Room. So look out for that!


Wildberry & Sweet Lemon Confection (Rosegirls)
I really wanted to like this blend more than I did. I think it was the Wildberry note that was turning me off. I would want to buy Sweet Lemon Confection in just the Mini-melters for the pure scent note. Medium scent throw, medium scent impact.

Happy Days (Vintage Chic Scents)
A clean, laundry scent. Laundry scents are really too strong for me, and with the addition of the clean cotton scent note, it's a double whammy. But if you like laundry scents, I would say you would love this scent. Medium-high scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Bartlett Pear (K's Kreations)
I am going to stand by my initial thoughts on this on cold-sniff when I said it smelt like apples. Essentially, it's a juicy fruity scent. Medium scent throw, medium low scent impact.

Peach Peppermint Schnapps (K's Kreations)
No throw and scent. Very disappointing. :(


Strawberry Mint Ice Cream (Rosegirls)
I mostly get a sweet strawberry scent, the mint is very slight and only wafts in and out. My colleague did comment that it was a little artificial smelling. Medium throw, medium scent impact.

Satsuma (Thirty Street Wax)
In the mood for an energetic scent (even thought it's at night) so I reached for this. It's great, exactly what I want for in a satsuma scent. Satsuma is sharper than orange and not as sugar sweet. Medium high throw, medium high scent impact.

Repeat Melts
Happy (Streetman Candle Co.)
Springtime Breaktime (Enchanted Candle Co.)
Long Winter's Nap (Enchanted Candle Co.)
Pink Sugar Rose Red (Two Timing Tart)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle! I really enjoyed Happy from Streetman, I'm excited that there is hope they might be opening again :) I think my next purchase will be from Lasting Scent Candles --if I'm lucky enough to catch the opening. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunnee, I am so happy I got Happy from you, it really is a lovely scent. I hope I manage to catch an opening when I am buying again. I have yet to haul from them. Good luck with LSC!

      Delete