Thursday, August 6, 2015

Wax Notes | July 2015 (2)

A fairly quiet melting fortnight, I am working on melting up my first Vintage Chic Scents haul. I still can't get over how crazy it throws on an 11w warmer. It's going to be a quiet melting month in August because I am travelling with friends to Melbourne this coming week! It's going to be colddd there and I need to start packing!


Ice Palace Cookies (Vintage Chic Scents)
I was going through my stash and I noticed the VCS labels and cups were yellowing. Which got me worried about the wax itself. Well, I needn't have. The wax is throwing like a boss! I am melting in my office and this is throwing throughout the entire building! I am going to melting VCS in here for the foreseeable future!

Blueberry Noel Marshmallow (Sniff My Tarts)
Really yummy fruity scent. It's definitely more sweet-like than fruit-like. Throw is very poor on my 11w warmer though. I have to stand next to it to smell anything. Pity.

An Affair To Remember (Vintage Chic Scents)
I think this might be my first watermelon scent. It's sweet, girly and candy-sweet, and while I like this more than I thought I would, it's not my type of scent. The throw is ridiculously strong, throwing through the entire building as usual!

Backwoods Barbie (Vintage Chic Scents)
I really love this scent, the Satsuma note is so uplifting and energetic. I don't smell a straight Strawberry scent but I am sure it's sweetening and neutralising the acidic edge of Satsuma. High scent throw, medium scent impact.


Frozen Margarita (K's Kreations)
A pleasant, not-too-sour scent. Medium-low scent throw, medium scent impact.

Sugared Jasmine (Rosegirls)
I was getting ready myself for a soft sandalwood type Jasmine scent because that's how I noted in on cold sniff but on melting, it develops beyond the sandalwood to a clean, soapy Jasmine as well. Thankfully the scent impact is medium, which is totally cool with me because too strong of such a scent would be really hard to take! Scent throw is medium as well.

Repeat Melts
Long Winter's Nap (Enchanted)
Candy Crush (Up The Creek)
Zucchini Bread, Serendipity Smoothie Strawberry Jam (SMT)
Sultan (Enchanted)

No comments:

Post a Comment