Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wax Notes | September 2015

Lately I have been in a melting rut. It also scares me how much wax I have and no matter how much I melt, it doesn't seem to diminish in any way. Do you feel that way?


Cantaloupe & Fresh Oranges (Glitterati Candle Co.)
I always feel the need for some citrus and energy in the air, especially on the weekends! And this scent fits the bill, there is also that sweetness from the cantaloupe scent to balance out the sharper edges of a citrus scent. So nice! I am going to have to figure out how to order from Glitterati soon! High throw, medium high impact.

Cape Cod (Vintage Chic Scents)
I was in the mood for something aquatic so I threw this in the warmer. It's a beautiful, watery scent blunted slightly by a driftwood note. Sweet and girly too! Medium high throw, medium high impact.

Rosemary Mint (Tiffany Candles)
A wonderfully clearing, yet relaxing scent. It can be a bit bracing at times but there's also a sweetness about it and it didn't bother me too much. I am not surprised that this is one of TC's best-selling scents. Medium high throw, medium high impact.

Southern Tea (K's Kreations)
I don't find this very tea-ish because of a rather strong fruity note to it. And I keep smelling this hint of cookies. Sadly, I don't find this matches up with its scent description when melted. Medium scent throw, medium scent impact.


Spring Rain (K's Kreations)
Another disappointment, it doesn't match up with my initial cold sniff or scent description. I wonder if K's wax just doesn't do as well in a lower wattage warmer or its shelf life is not as long as other brands'. I will have to try it out in my tealight warmer to weed out the problem.

Shirley Temple (Vintage Chic Scents)
I am enjoying this scent, it's sweet but has a lime-y quality to it (the Fizzy pop scent). Fun, summer melt! Medium high scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Rose's Powder Room (Vintage Chic Scents)
It's a very cloying, powdery scent, I was hoping for a brighter scent from the bergamot and peach notes. On second melt, the scent became closer to what I thought it would be, I really enjoyed it then. Medium scent throw and medium scent impact.

Fruit Loops (Ten Digit Creations)
It seems to me there is a less of a cereal note in this scent than other vendors. But it's still a really pleasant, yummy scent. Medium scent throw, medium impact.


Smart Cookie (Vintage Chic Scents)
The chocolate scent is very strong and, unfortunately, not very pleasant. It smells like bad chocolate. The mint scent is very faint. I was hoping this would be a scent that I could get behind because it smelled so good on cold sniff. On second melt,  the scent improved! More mint, less bad chocolate. Medium high throw, medium high scent impact.

Afternoon Tea (K's Kreations)
It seems that K's tarts do better in a higher watt warmer, I have this melting on my tealight warmer and the scent is doing great. Just like sweet lemon tea but with a touch of bitterness. Medium-low throw, medium-low scent impact.

Marlin (Enchanted Candle Co.)
I really do love Enchanted's wax. This is such a beautiful and energising citrus blend! Medium high throw, medium high scent impact.

Apple Orchard (K's Kreations)
Really liking this scent. It's more tart than sweet though but I can almost see myself crunching myself into an apple with this scent. Medium throw, medium scent impact.

Repeat Melts
Strawberry Mint Ice Cream (Rosegirls)
Happy (Streetman)
Sea of Tears (The Bathing Garden)
Blueberry Noel Marshmallow (SMT)

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same about K's Southern Tea. I thought it would be this tea explosion, but alas, not so much. I am always in a melting rut, I try to keep the bathroom going all the time, but often forget about my other 2 warmers. Love Rosemary mint from TC! Great melts last month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That isn't fun. I hope you can make some headway and get to enjoy your melts. Hope you have been well. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete