Saturday, January 17, 2015

Wax Notes | Jan 2015 (1)

New year, new melts! This fortnight, I might have melted the most scents ever. I am so glad to be getting back in the swing of things, and it goes without saying I really need to make a dent in my wax melts collection. Can you believe that melts from my first few 2014 orders have yet to be used up yet? Those are definitely the priority when I select what to put on.

Are you waiting on any orders? I am waiting on one outstanding order with SMT, I was in the second opening group so I am not sure when it will get to my name on the list. I am at once impatient to receive my order (because there are some custom scent blends I did and I am excited to find out if they smell good) and dreading for my name to be called (because that's when I am giving myself permission to make a couple of orders but I really need to use up what I have!). Am I even making sense? I hope I am!


Gardenia Coconut Cream (The Bathing Garden)
I wonder why didn't I melt this sooner, it's a lovely, creamy, sweet floral scent! I can smell the slight nuttiness of the coconut but it really is very subtle and acts as great foil to the gardenia. Loving this one! High throw on this one.

Daydreamer (Two Timing Tart)
An unusual, fresh grass type scent. I put it off for awhile because it smelled very green but it really wasn't so bad. But not something I am into right now. Who knows maybe my scent preferences will change in a few months.

Duchess' Apple Rose Tarte (The Bathing Garden)
This was the sample from my second order with TBG. I finally got around to chopping it up a few days ago (procrastinator, much!). Fruity-floral scents are totally up my alley and I liked this very much. The apple is made heavier and more sensual by the rose, this is a great scent to melt in the evenings as you wind down. On first melt: medium throw, strong scent impact. On second melt: low throw, medium scent impact.

Sun-Ripened Raspberry (Super Tarts)
I like how this scent manages to evoke the feeling of the "sun" by not allowing the raspberry scent to be too sweet and juicy. There is a small tinge of sour/bitter that makes me think that I could be biting into this raspberry right in the fields.



Alice in Lavenderland (The Bathing Garden)
Basic, herbal, sweet lavender. On first melt: medium throw and scent impact. Didn't last beyond a second melt.

Serendipity Spell (Crabby Candle Co.)
I like this scent, it's sweet and pleasant, with a touch of grape fruitness. I melted the whole tart in the whole office and the throw was incredibly high. My door opens out to a lounge of sorts and it was scenting up the entire lounge too!

That One Night At Summer Camp (Two Timing Tart)
Very sweet, marshmallow scent but it isn't cloying. On first melt: medium throw and scent impact.

Orange Marmalade (The Bathing Garden)
This is a really great scent, smells exactly like orange marmalade and I am really enjoying the energy of it. Medium-high throw, medium scent impact. However, the throw is inconsistent, sometimes it's spread well, sometimes I can barely scent it.


Tropical Twist (Glitterati Candle Co.)
Not as tropical fruity as I would expect from its name but it's still an uplifting citrus blend, probably blended with mangoes and a slight bite of ginger? High scent throw and strong scent impact. Like the Crabby tart a few above, it scented the hall outside my office. The crazy thing that it's probably only 1/4 of the Crabby tart and it's performing at the same intensity. It only lasted two melts.

Lavender Mint (Ten Digit Creations)
Medium-high throw, medium scent impact. A little lighter on throw than I expected for TDC. but with a scent like that, I don’t mind that it’s not as strong otherwise it would be overpowering. A very nice herbal lavender, the mint blends wells with it. Sometimes I get a hint of soap. definitely a repurchase.

Livin' La Vida Juicy (Glitterati Candle Co.)
I really like how the vanilla musk transforms an otherwise straight-forward fruity scent to something a little more mysterious and sexy. I would love to get more of this scent if I ever get on the customs order list.

Sweet Lolli (Super Tarts)
Fun, sweet, candy scent. It reminds me of fruity Mentos! Super high scent throw and high scent impact, something I have come to expect from Super Tarts.

4 comments:

  1. TBG Gardenia Coconut Cream is one I am always watching for her to restock. It is my absolute favorite of hers. Livin' La Vida Juicy is pretty fun. I love how girly and flirty it is. Going on my custom list for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I took so long to melt it! But it's great! I hope you get it soon! Wow, another customs list for Glitterati, you have so much to work through as it is!

      Delete
    2. Can you believe I only have like 3 chunks left?! I really ploughed through them and gifted many away. Can't let dust gather on my wax ;-) Plus this time I will be a good girl. Not a huge order.

      Delete
    3. Ohmygosh, really! That huge order down to only three chunks, that's crazy! I can never quite catch the Glitterati customs or mystery bags lists opening, maybe later this year I will start being more vigilant!

      Delete