Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wax Notes | September 2014 (2)

Sunnee (of the amazing Fragrance Obsessed blog) once mentioned how difficult it was to start posts like these. Usually I mention whether this was a good or bad fortnight but it can get kind of awkward. For once, I have something legit to talk about. I love my new tart warmer! I love how deep and wide the dish, I don't have to cut up bigger chunks or worry that the wax will overflow. And I can also blend leftover pieces from different chunks together! LOVE!


Watermelon / Strawberry Kiwi Sorbet / Raspberry Guava (Sniff My Tarts)
I might be starting an SMT kick this month because SMT is going to open up for an order in October and I want to be ready for it by trying out the chunks I already have! Scent throw is good and strong with SMT. With three types of scents going into a blend, it's a bit difficult to pick apart the scents but I think the watermelon has an edge over the sweet fruitiness of the strawberry and the raspberry.

Mango Sorbet / Tangerine / Strawberry Daiquiri (Sniff My Tarts)
This is fun, fruity scent, I really like the tangerine in here and I need to start thinking up possible blends with these. The scent throw is surprisingly weak, medium at best, and I am melting a huge chunk. :( However, longevity is pretty amazing, been melting this through 4 tealights

Pink Sugar Milk (CFTKR)
A little wary of this combination because I am not sure about the milky scent note but it's pretty good. The milk note isn't sour at all and really helps to tone down the sickly sweetness of Pink Sugar. The throw is amazing as well, throwing right out of my bedroom doors.

Blue Sugar Lavender Martini (Two Timing Tart)
I like this scent, it's mostly blue sugar but the underlying lavender is so pretty! I can't distinguish between blue sugar and martini because both have a sour note to it. The throw is really weird on this, sometimes it's medium high, sometimes I can barely smell it.


Cucumber Mint + Spearmint + Honeydew Ya (Super Tarts)
It's crazy hot today and I really wanted something fruity and minty so I decided to mix these three together! I think this three scents went very well together, although poor Spearmint got a bit drowned out because it was the smallest chunk of the trio, would have loved to get more. Excellent throw as usual with Super Tarts' wax, it's on its third tealight and still going strong. My Mum is loving this combination and she's been making noises about wanting to melt in her room too, of course, I am thrilled! More wax to burn and buy! Haha!

Bliss (Crabby Candle Co.)
Despite the scent description of lemon, sage, chamomile and rosewater, I really only get the lemon and sage. It's a very sharp lemon, almost veering on cleaning detergent lemon. I am definitely disappointed that the chamomile and rosewater wasn't apparent.

Repeat Melts
Hello Sweetie (Two Timing Tart)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! How is your SMT wish list coming along? I need to get busy with mine asap. I'm not sure if I should do fall/wintery scents or spring/fruity scents because I know the TAT will probably be a tad lengthy. Decisions, decisions :)
    Your watermelon/strawberry kiwi sorbet/rasp guava is going on my list regardless which scent category I go for --it sounds amazing.
    Have a great week and thank you for the mention <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have my list ready to go, spent most of this evening working on it and going through my blend ideas! Lots of fruity stuff as usual! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds like an amazing bunch of melts! That ST minty/melon blend sounds incredible. I've been on a huge mint kick lately and can't seem to get enough. Your SMT blends sound wonderful too!! I find SMT to have an inconsistent throw sometimes, but I generally have good results. Sometimes it's a crapshoot with their wax though! I love, love, LOVE being able to custom blend and they have by far the largest scent list for custom blending so I keep coming back. And when I get something especially good from them it is incredible!! Hope you have a great weeekend Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, if I can ever get in a custom order with ST, I am definitely going to get more wax in that blend! It helps that my mum loved it too (permission, yay!). Aww, that sucks to hear about SMT, I really like the scents I got in my mystery bag though, so much fruity goodness! But I am going to get in another order and melt more before I decide. Have you got your list ready? I THINK I have mine ready to go!

      Delete