Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Haul | Thirty Street Crafts (1)

I am very excited about Thirty Street Crafts! It's definitely one of the up and coming wax companies of 2014 and I can definitely see that they are gathering momentum and traction in the wax world. Jessica Cates is the owner and she has such a style about the way she is running this company. Her ordering process is smooth and easy, the website is usually open for about 5 days for unlimited orders with a pre-set list of scents that is announced in advance. Her wax is beautiful (look at them!), the scent blends are intricate, delicious and so strong on cold sniff! Her TAT is also ridiculously fast! Most of her wax is actually pre-poured and she starts shipping as soon as orders come in rather than waiting till the restock closes! I am definitely looking forwards to ordering more from her once I start melting this stuff!

(start clockwise from the first row!)

Cliffs of Insanity Gain Island Fresh type gives notes of ozone, greenery, lavender, rose, jasmine, melon & vanilla, blended with fresh lemon, grapefruit & clementine.
A strong laundry note, I like how Jessica amps this up with citrus! So good!

Fencing Masters Lime, mandarin, lemon & sea salt, followed by icy guava nectar, strawberries, pineapple & vanilla rum.
The lime and lemon hits me first before the sea salt and a general fruitiness. I would never have thought to combine citrus and sea salt but I think it works really really well! One of my faves from this order.

Kingdom of Florin The scent of laundry hanging on a line, fresh fruits of peach, watermelon, neroli, jasmine and pear, gooseberry & raspberry.
Love this one too and I must say the laundry scent is one of the strongest in this order in fact my whole package smells of laundry! Beyond the laundry, I am smelling sweet pears and peaches!

The 'Kissing' Book Creamy rainbow sherbert smooches lime, pineapple, orange, raspberry, and a base of vanilla blended with sweet coconut and ripe pear.
The rainbow sherbet is very yummy in here and blends well with the vanilla and coconut. I  don't really smell the pear.

Princess Buttercup Delicate pink rose, jasmine, soft violet, sweet musk and sweet marshmallow.
So pretty! I am smelling lots of rose, violets and musk.

Prince Humperdink Juicy orange, lemon, maraschino cherry, pineapple, sea spray, sweet coconut, vanilla rum and fresh ozone.
I really like these cameo tarts, the size is handy to throw into a warmer and the mould is so cute! I don't think there is any other company doing cameo tarts like Thirty Street. The maraschino cherry scent is really strong here. After sniffing really hard, I begin to get the pineapple, sweet coconut and vanilla rum. So far, not very much citrus.


Satsuma
Straight up, fizzy satsuma! I feel energised just sniffing this.

Green Apple
This smells exactly like the Green Apple slurpee that I often get from 7-11! So good and just begging to be blended!

Vanilla Nutmeg (Sample)
I really like this size of samples, in fact, I would also be willing to buy wax in this form. Just small enough to pop into smaller warmers. Vanilla Nutmeg is a very warm & cozy kind of sweet. The nutmeg adds a little interest to an otherwise plain vanilla scent.

Tuscan Fields (Sample)
Mostly this smells of fresh air and grass greens but I am detecting a little fruitiness underlaid throughout. I think I am going to like this!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Those cameos are so nice. Vanilla nutmeg sounds like a comfort scent. I hope these throw well for you. My eye is zoned into Thirty Street Wax now :-) contemplating making my first order down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they throw well too because they are definitely in contention for my Top 5 companies! I can't wait for you to order and hear your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent haul, awesome photos! Wow, those chunks are really pretty. I love the little cameo ones, too. I agree, vanilla nutmeg sounds so lovely and comforting! Prince Humperdink was an awesome scent, looking forward to trying her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just gorgeous, definitely one of the prettiest chunks in the business! Have your tried TSW before, I would love to hear your thoughts!

      Delete
  3. Pretty order. I think her wax is so pretty. I placed an order not too long ago that I have curing. I'm looking forward to melting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the prettiest out there! Have fun with your order!

      Delete