Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wax Notes | August 2014 (2)

This has definitely been my most productive melting fortnight to date, although to be fair, many of them were older tarts and I have discovered that while Super Tarts throws like crazy, it doesn't last very long.


Pumpkin Buttercream (Front Porch)
I was digging through my basket of destash wax when I found this super old piece of wax from 2011! Tossed it into the warmer immediately to use it up. There is actually still some scent left, I smell spicy pumpkin. It didn't last very long or throw very well (medium at best) but I can't complain.

Toasted Almond Butter Cookies (Ten Digit Creations)
Another older tart from 2012 but in contrast to Front Porch, TDC's wax is still holding the scent really well and throwing like crazy! I can totally smell toasted almond and butter cookies and it's making me hungry!

Cucumber Mint (Super Tarts)
This scent is so strong! I had taken this out in preparation to bring to work next week but when I left my room for the day and came home, it was the first scent that I smelled! Isn't that crazy? I popped half into my warmer since it was already floating around. It's a very perfumey cucumber, something you smell in a body lotion than a fresh cucumber in a salad. I don't get much mint but this is a very cooling scent, perfect for warmer days. My mother is absolutely loving this one too! The scent throw is kick-me-in-the-face strong! Like the previous ST I melted, I noticed it isn't very long-lasting. By the third tea light, there wasn't much scent left. This is so pretty though, I love how the blue and yellow melds almost ombre-like! I am now kicking myself for not melting my ST more and getting in on their restocks!

Honeydew Ya (Super Tarts)
A really authentic honeydew scent, such a sweet-fruity scent! So I noticed that Super Tarts does better in higher wattages. The throw was amazing in my tealight warmer but much weaker in my 11w hotplate.


The Sound of Drums (Two Timing Tart)
What an interesting variant of a Serendipity scent, this one is mixed with Dragon's Blood and it totally transforms Serendipity into a sexy, musky scent. I find the coconut more pronounced in this blend as well.

Nod and Dream (Enchanted Candle Co.)
I am thinking very hard about whether I should hit up the upcoming Enchanted re-opening (by the way, I think you totally should!), there's so many scents that I want to try! There's a couple of scents on the list that I already have so I pulled them out to try. Nod and Dream is from the Mary Poppins collection and is such a pretty purple colour. It's definitely a soapy lavender (I prefer herbal lavender) underlayered with vanilla sweetness and chamomile softness. The throw is amazingly strong, it's going right out of the room with only half a tart!

Vanilla Shake (Ten Digit Creations)
This is an old piece so no comments about its throw. Contrary to what I was expecting, this is a nutty and musky vanilla to my nose. I really like it, too bad it's discontinued!

Day at the Spa (Crabby Candle Co)
Definitely a scent for bad/sick day, the lemongrass is very strong on this one but it's definitely spa-like rather than bug repellant-like. The throw is about a medium-low. It really is a pity that Crabby Candle seems to have gone on hiatus. I like most of the scents I have melted and they perform very well for me.


Banana Caramel Cupcake (Ten Digit Creations)
The scent throw is pretty weak but for an older tart, if there's a throw, that's good enough for me. It smells exactly like banana bread which I actually like! That fades later and becomes a syrupy spicy scent.

Fruit Loops (Front Porch Candle Co.)
An oldie but a goodie!

Repeat Melts
Sleepy (The Bathing Garden)
Madman in a Box (Two Timing Tart)
Lavender Cotton Candy Frosting (L3WW)
Sugar Cookie (Super Tarts)
Drunk Photography (Two Timing Tart)
Key Lime Pie (Bit of Bliss)

6 comments:

  1. Great bunch of melts Michelle!! I've only melted one thing from Super Tarts so far and I noticed it doesn't last too long either, maybe because it's all paraffin? I've noticed that sometimes with my CFTKR tarts too. I have never ordered or tried anything from Enchanted but I keep hearing great things about it! Definitely going on my to-order list. I've had great luck with older TDC as well, I melted a 2 year old Pistachio Coconut Fluff from them a few months back and it was one of the strongest tarts I've ever melted lol. Good stuff =) Hope you have a great rest of your week Michelle =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I am glad it's not just me. I haven't melted too much paraffin-only tarts but I am definitely going to take note of that. I have a couple of CFTKR tarts, will try and compare! I hope you get to order some Enchanted soon, they are so good! TDC is so good, isn't it. So much love for this under-rated company. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. That is great to know that TDC stands up to some shelf life nicely! I have recently fallen in love with some of their scents. So good! Great melts Michelle! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they are so good. I just got my latest order from them and everything smells AMAZING! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. I was really surprised to see that you ordered toasted almond butter cookies (TDC). Were you once into bakery? It's awesome that it still performed well for you. I keep meaning to order from TDC!
    Got my enchanted order in last week, I"m very excited about all the offerings she had listed.
    Hope you have a good weekend Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really but I was curious how would bakery scents smell like. Hope you order from them soon, they are so good!
      I am so excited to see what you got in your Enchanted order! Have a great weekend too!

      Delete