Saturday, August 16, 2014

Wax Notes | August 2014 (1)

A pretty, productive fortnight of melting. I have been working at finishing my Front Porch and Two Timing Tart stash (my oldest orders) to make way for my incoming orders. And I also really need an excuse to buy more from Two Timing Tart. Heehee! 


Tropical Sugar (CFTKR)
Not a scent that immediately grabs me but it's pleasant enough since it's a sweet fruity vanilla. More emphasis on the vanilla and sweetness with little flashes of citrus. Like everyone knows, CFTKR throws really well!

Cotton Candy Apple Bread (Front Porch Candle Co.)
One of my favourite FP scent notes is Apple. I find it a little more perfume-y than a true fruity apple. If they ever had an Apple sampler, I am definitely grabbing one for myself. In this blend, the apple stands out against a sweet, bread-y background. My colleagues actually commented that it reminds them of pandan cake! And I can definitely see why they would think that. It's really interesting how different noses pick out or combine scents to smell different things!

White Tea & Mango (Crabby Candle Co.)
An elegant take on a fruity scent. I am really enjoying this! Scent throw is pretty decent. And I could smell the mango scent after three days of melting (about 8-10 hours each day).

Butterfly Kisses (Front Porch Candle Co.)
FP's Apple always seems to be strongest scent in any blending. I am not sure if I am complaining about it though because while I love apple, I would also like to sniff the blend that it's part of.

Repeat Melts
Lavender Cotton Candy Frosting (L3WW)
Captain Tightpants (Two Timing Tart)
Still Not Ginger (Two Timing Tart)
Serendipity Peppermint (I Heart Wax)
Drunk Photography (Two Timing Tart)

2 comments:

  1. It's always so interesting to see your warmer bowls and how much they differ from the ones I'm used to seeing over here.
    Captain Tightpants cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pale blue one is the new one I picked up in Brisbane, loving how deep the dish is and I can now melt more than 1oz at a go! The metal one is really just a little mixing bowl I found in the kitchen. LOL! :)

      Delete