Saturday, February 20, 2016

Haul | Pocket Full of Peonies (1)

I learned about new company Pocket Full of Peonies from Fragrance Obsessed, as I do for most things wax. It came at a time when I had wanted to branch out a little from the usual wax vendors so I put them on my list to try and kept a close watch on the company. When they announced they would be doing a Black Friday sale, I saw that as the perfect opportunity to make an order. I think it was a 20% discount.

I like this company so far. The owner, Jennifer Colony, has clearly tried her best to differentiate her products from others by having really unique shapes. Her scent blends include more unusual ones. At the moment, she has a website for RTS products and she opens up for custom orders fairly frequently. Her Facebook group is a good source of information for when customs are open and for flash sales.

Personally, I like my order. The TAT was fairly quick and everything was packaged really nicely. The cold sniff on her products are very strong. I look forward to melting them to find out if the hot throw will be just as good.


Laurel & Cranberry Unique combination of fresh fruit and berry notes along with the outdoor aroma of crisp pine and warm woodsy forest.
I really like this scent, it does have a Chrismassy feeling to this from the cranberry. So juicy and fruity!

Muscle Relaxer Spearmint, Eucalyptus and Wintergreen
Wow! This one is strong and the wintergreen scent is probably not for everyone. But I do like it especially for days when I need some help with my sinuses.

Peppermint Coconut Marshmallow
I really like this scent. It's blended really well, no one scent stands out too much but you can smell all of them too. This is really the surprise of this order for me.

Sweet on Paris The delights of an authentic Paris bakery with sweet notes of blackberry, lemon, and buttery vanilla.
A super sweet scent blackberry scent, I don't detect much lemon on cold sniff. I wouldn't think of a bakery when I sniff this scent though.

Tea & Cakes
This has been a pretty popular scent in the recent year and I can see why. It's pretty nice. I like that I can smell the lemon in the tea


These tart cups are actually 3.25oz in size. They surprised me with their size so I thought I would put it next to a regular 2oz for some visual comparison.


Macintosh Apple / Barbershop / Morrocan Mint
I was intrigued by the inclusion of the Barbershop scent note, and I have never seen this blend by anyone before. Plus it has apples! It's a really interesting blend, I like it!

Lemon Tart Lucky Charms
I bought this tart because I was interested to find out what another cereal scent smelled like. There is definitely some difference from Fruit Loops, although I can't really tell you why.

Rosewater Lemonade Zesty, fresh squeezed lemon, juicy strawberries and raspberry blossoms meet iced rose petals.
I think of rosewater and lemon when I sniff this blend. Very nice one!

Lavender Vanilla / Spearmint
Another sleepy time scent for the collection! Yums!


Jennifer gave me a whole bunch of mystery samples, packaged cutely in a separate bag. While these shapes are cute, I have no idea what they are and I am not a fan of that. Most of them smell sweet and bakery. I guess I will just throw them into the warmer from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I keep a pretty consistent eye on what Jennifer has in stock, but I haven't seen enough items in scents I'm a fan of to take the plunge. Plus it kind of irks me how her pricing is all over the place. Some products work out to over $1.40 an ounce, while others are $1.16. It's not how some companies are, where the more you buy the less per ounce it is - I could understand that. Maybe it's factoring in how long each product takes to make? I don't know... It's not enough to completely dissuade me from ordering, but it's definitely a factor when I'm trying to decide if my cart's contents are worth it.
    Once you get around to melting these, please let us know how they perform! These sound like some fantastic blends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great order! I love her shapes. They are so whimsical. The apple barbershop one I want to smell. You are spot on about Tea & Cakes. It is the hot scent right now. I just wish I could get on with it. The almond always shuts me down.

    ReplyDelete