Friday, August 1, 2014

Wax Notes | July 2014 (2)


Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (Enchanted Candle Co.)
So fresh and juicy, this scent! It really is perfect for hot, summer days. The scent throw is good and strong, throwing right out of my room (high throw!).

Colombian Coffee (Ten Digit Creations)
Smells very much like milk coffee with just a hint of sweetness, I wasn't sure if I would like coffee scents, I put off warming this for the longest time because I was afraid it. But hey, I kind of do like it! It's making my room smell like a coffee house!

Ever Night (The Bathing Garden)
I am melting two cubes and the scent throw is medium at best. It's a lovely lavender scent, very soothing at night. If I concentrate hard enough, I can detect the musk and sweet  that really makes this scent very pretty. It just needs an extra omph to the scent throw to make this really awesome.

Madman with a Box (Two Timing Tart - Old Formula)
A Doctor Who scent! I have been hoarding this for awhile but I have decided that it's time to start melting through in anticipation of the 8th Series. Also, I really need to use up my TTT old wax formula, I can't order more till I get them out of the way! However, Becky doesn't seem to offering very much of her older scent blends with her new ways of selling so I have no idea when I might be able to get my hands on this blend again. I really like it very much, there's blue agave, blueberry, lime and peppermint candies in this. I am getting major whiffs of (what I think is) blue agave and peppermint. The blueberry is quieter in the background but I can't really get any lime. Medium-high throw but it only lasted about two tealights.


Pink Dunes (Crabby Candle Co.)
This is such a 'pink' scent! Not pink as in pink sugar but pink as in pretty, sweet and floral. This 0.75oz tart is throwing nice and high in my 11w warmer. By the way, while going back to check scent descriptions, I noticed that the Crabby Candle Co. website is offline, anyone knows what happened to them?

Serendipity Marshmallow Noel Peppermint (Sniff My Tarts)
The most dominant scent note to me is the Marshmallow Noel but there's also something fruity swirling around, most likely the cherry and orange from Serendipity. The peppermint is very very faint. The scent throw is medium-high!

Repeat Melts
The Olive Lemon Grove (The Bathing Garden)
Drunk Texting (Two Timing Tart - Old Formula)
Coconut Milk & Lavender (Candles from the Keeping Room)
Lavender, Green Tea, Grapefruit (Bit of Bliss)

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic choices! I am so looking forward to trying Enchanted Candle Company! Fresh squeezed orange juice is always a winning scent. TBG has been having some throw issues lately, it's such a shame, her stuff used to be so strong.

    BTW, I noticed the crabby candle thing when I went to link them in a recent review...wonder what happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really enjoyed this fortnight of melting. Did you get an order in before she closed for the summer? If you did, I can't wait to see what you got on your blog! Oh dear, I didn't realise TBG was having throw issues, I haven't heard much about them lately. Crabby just seems to have disappeared, their FB page hasn't been updated since April!

      Delete
  2. Ever Night is such a gorgeous scent but you are right, the throw needs to be stronger. So sad because not many wax vendors dupe Lush Twilight. Crabby is offline?? I only ordered from them once but have not been overly impressed with the tiny scent shots. Not nearly as powerful as Streetman's. Hope you have a great week Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see TBG is offering Ever Night again in the upcoming restock but I am going to sit it out until I figure out what's up with TBG's throw. Not sure what's up with Crabby, no updates from their FB either on their disappearance. I like them enough and would probably order reliable scents if they have good sales going on. I want to try Streetman's, definitely on the list!

      Delete