Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Haul | Vintage Chic Scents (2)

Whoops, I almost forgot about this pending review. This was from my second flash sale win from VCS, which is pretty much the only way I am able to get my hands on these wax!



Blue Hawaii Camu Camu
I don't know the components of this scent but I can smell the tropicalness of the Blue Hawaii, maybe a slight earthiness from the Camu Camu.

Film Noir Glazed cinnamon donuts, snickerdoodle and marshmallow
This blend isn't really up my alley but I think Fall scents lovers would really 'fall' for this one (Heehee!).

GG on Gilligan's GG (honeydew, watermelon and cantaloupe) blended with Gilligan's Island (Bahama Fizz Type and pineapple)
So tropical, fresh, fruity and delicious! The GG scent is the stronger of the two blends and it is so good!

Jackie O Will Never Be Hungy Again Marshmallow, birthday cake & VBN + wildberry mousse, marshmallow & zucchini bread.
So sweet from all that marshmallow and VBN. The zucchini bread cuts through the sweetness but the wildberry mousse is buried under it

Imagene's Lemon Serendipity Cream Coconut cream pie with a hint of cherry blended with lemon
Ohmygosh, this blend is so so yummy! I can't believe how well everything goes together. I am also reminded of Fruit Loops when I sniff this.

Lazy Summer Days Honeydew, cotton candy, lime
Mmm, this definitely typifies lazy, summer days. The honeydew and cotton candy is yummy and strong. Occasionally a whiff of lime comes through and it provides a fizzy background.


Lucy and Ethel Pistachio pudding cake, coconut and marshmallows
Wow, the pistachio (and almond) hits you pretty strong and it is really authentic. I like this one a lot!

Pineapple Brown Sugar Cookie
Warm and comforting, the brown sugar cookie scent is really strong and I can't smell any hint of pineapple at all.

Rose's Powder Room Peach lavender bergamot
This is such a surprising combination of scents but it is so good! I can't stop sniffing it. Definitely one of my favourites of this lot. The peach, lavender and bergamot are equal in strength and blends so well together. If I could order from VCS, I would definitely get this in bigger quantities.

Smart Cookie Double chocolate cookie and buttermint
So glad to have another tart of this scent in this lot! I really like this one!

Tiki Volcano Bowl Tropical Fruit Blend
Exactly as it says, tropical, fruity and sweet.

1927 Fresh strawberries, pink sugar and sugar milk
I believe this is one of VCS' signature scents, the strawberry note is one of the nicest I have ever smelled. I can clearly smell the sour note of the sugar milk. The pink sugar is also faintly in the background.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely flash sale haul! Rose's Powder Room! I will keep my eye out for that one. I have not ordered since her very first opening, but I see now that has to change. Those roses are just so pretty. Are you liking the throw? Will you keep trying to order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I haven't started melting any VCS yet, hoarding mentality I think! I am not sure if I am able to order yet, Kirby hasn't announced any method of international billing/shipping but I am definitely going to keep trying at flash sales!

      Delete
  2. I need to get in on one of the next few openings! Her scent list and performance has greatly improved. The lemon serendipity one sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her scent list is so good, I am so sad that I can't order what I want! Good luck during her next sale, I can't wait to see what you get.

      Delete
  3. Is Film Noir very spicy? What an excellent flash sale you won! Her scent list is amazing. Lazy Summer Day and Rose's Powder Room sound so good. She's really come into her own as a vendor. Thanks for sharing your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find it spicy at all, kind of like when you smell cinnamon on a pastry? I have been really lucky to win her flash sales and yes she's been growing at an amazing rate!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Film Noir, but I do love more Fall and bakery scents. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, nice to see you here! VCS has lots of great Fall scents now, you must be in scent heaven! :)

      Delete