Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Wax Notes | May 2014 (2)

My wax melting slowed down a little this month because I was overseas for a week in Taipei for a bit of work and a bit of play. Pictures will be up on my other blog soon. I did bring a wallflower plug-in with me but I think the electrical current wasn't enough and there was barely any throw. That was disappointing. I don't have much photos of my wax melts either because I just switched to the iPhone 5s and I am trying to figure out a new process for quick uploading of these pictures.


Lavender, Green Tea, Grapefruit (Bit of Bliss)
I am surprised how well these three scents blend together, there's a tinge of realistic bitterness from the Grapefruit and the Green Tea but the brightness of the Grapefruit and the soothing notes of Lavender balances it out really well. This is my first time trying BOB and I am impressed. The throw is high and lingers for a long time. After coming back to my room after a full day at work, I was surprised to find the scent lingering in the air. This is the first scent that I have noticed do that.

Tie Dye (Lasting Scent Candles)
Yummy, fizzy and fruity! Medium-high throw.

Vanilla Layered Root Beer Float (The Bathing Garden)
I am melting one cube and it started to throw very quickly. Very authentic and has a medium throw.

Princess B (Crabby Candle Co)
This is a really pretty scent, very sweet and floral. It makes me think of sweet honey! Medium throw.

Repeat Melts
Dried Apple Wreath (Ten Digit Creations)
Drunk Tweeting (Two Timing Tart)
Sleepy (The Bathing Garden)
Serendipity Peppermint (I Heart Wax)

6 comments:

  1. I have a clamshell of Vanilla Layered Root Beer Float somewhere, I might dig that one out based on your review! Medium is good so long as it's authentic! Sleepy will always have a place in my nightly rotation.

    If you want a quick upload from phone to PC for pictures, I suggest dropbox...that thing is seriously life changing! It's free and a cloud service, but makes everything a billion times faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please try it! I want to know what you think! My brother really likes it too!

      Yup, I have been using Dropbox, I love it too! Makes everything so convenient!

      Delete
  2. Lavender, Green Tea & Grapefruit sounds nice. I'd never come up with that scent combo on my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I am too cautious and would always be second-guessing my blends. I am leaving it up the masters!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Kate, lavender/green tea/grapefruit sounds pretty amazing. Tie dye sounds like a fun and lively scent too. Sorry your wall flowers did not throw well. I have one in a corner of my living roon and I only smell it if I walk over there to open the curtains. Hope your trip was nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, Tie Dye is great, definitely one for the summer. I am going to give the wallflower one more try with my next trip. I am thinking the problem might be with the electrical current because they work really well at home.

      Delete