Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wax Notes | May 2014 (1)




Grape Fluff Blueberry Confetti Cake (Up The Creek)
The blueberry is so strong and totally to die for! It reminds me of blueberry waffles. I think the grape is all mixed in with it because I can't really detect it. Not much cake either. High scent throw!

Dried Apple Wreath (Ten Digit Creations)
I have been hoarding this for awhile and a conversation on Facebook finally made me cut into it. I seriously love this scent, it's not a juicy apple that screams of summer but a tart apple that conjures up autumn. Perfect for a home fragrance. But it's no longer available. :( Medium high throw with half a tart.

Blackberry Lemon Ice Cream (Front Porch Candle Co.)
This is a weird blend to my nose, I can't smell either the Blackberry or the Lemon, just something sweet. Very high scent throw though.

Pear (Front Porch Candle Co.)
I am not sure about most pears but the pears I do eat don't have as lovely a fragrance FP's Pear. One colleague commented that it smells like fruity bubblegum! I am melting this in the office and the scent throw is very high however the scent peters out faster than compared to The Bathing Garden's Lemon Rose Curd.



Captain Tightpants (Two Timing Tart - Old Wax Formula)
This is the type of scent to relax by, the rice flowers and sea salt blend into a delicate, powdery scent. I am liking how florals seem to blend really well with sea salt. Might have to investigate these type of blends further. I am melting two cubes, the scent throw took awhile to develop into a high throw! Strongest scent from TTT so far. Also, I have been melting it for 3 days (4 tealights) and it's still going strong!

Lemon Juniper (Two Timing Tart)
True to the cold throw, this is a fresh fizzy, citrusy scent. This tart is in TTT's new wax formula and i immediately noticed that it throws much better than the old wax formula. In fact, I am classifying this as a high throw. The throw is long-lasting too, I have been melting this for 2 days (4 tealights) and it's finally fading. I am impressed!

Repeat Melts (Not pictured)
Honeydew, Strawberry, Creamsicle (Super Tarts)
Silk Sheets (Two Timing Tart - Old Wax Formula)
Grape Fluff Blueberry Confetti Cake (Up The Creek)

4 comments:

  1. I ordered captain tightpants after reading this review. It sounds so good! You had some great melts. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I hope you like Captain Tightpants, do let me know your experience! :)

      Delete
  2. Good to know that the new wax formula is better than the old one! I ended up throwing away 95% of my haul because I got no throw...what a bummer! Lemon Juniper sounds so interesting! Excellent melts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, that's terrible. I am trying my best to melt through them quickly. Mostly using them at night and in the office where I want a lower throw. Lemon Juniper is so good! I hope TTT offers this up again soon!

      Delete