Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wax Notes | June 2014 (1)

It's been a little quiet around here lately but it's going to get exciting soon! My Rosegirls sampler pack was shipped out a couple of days ago! Yay! I am so excited that I am finally going to melt the two Rosegirls chunks I have received and been hoarding! (Note the multiple exclamation marks!)

I had been keeping a few of my earlier orders at my PO box as I waited for the Rosegirls sampler. I estimated that I was high enough on the Rosegirls list for my sampler to be shipped within my 60-day limit for my packages to be stored at the PO box, so I kept them there hoping that I would be able to consolidate my orders and save on the shipping. So together with RG, I am going to receive my first-ever Sniff My Tarts mystery bag, Enchanted Candle Co. and a Vintage Chic Scents flash sale winnings. WHOOHOO!

The next big excitement on the wax horizon is the re-opening of Rosegirls on 21 June, 11am CST. The timing works out perfectly for me because I am travelling to Hong Kong for work next week but will be back in time for the opening. I have already worked out my wishlist. Since this is my first potential order, I am terrified of the opening rush and I am not confident of blending, I am limiting myself to 10 bakery bags of Rosegirl blends. Hopefully my fingers will be fast enough to click in those 10 bags!

Onto what I have melted for the first half of June.


Still Not Ginger (Two Timing Tart)
I quite like this blend of orange and ginger, it's not bright and citrusy but more mellow which makes it easy on the nose. Medium-low throw.

Vanilla Lavender (Crabby Candle Co.)
My nose is a bit stuffed so I might not be getting the full picture with this tart but to me the vanilla is stronger than the very herbal lavender. I don't feel like this two scents are blending well together and by that I mean the particular Vanilla and Lavender oil used rather than the choice to blend these two scents. Medium throw.

Strawberry Shortcake (Ten Digit Creations)
I am trying to use up my really old TDC stash so I can justify buying more in future. Note that this tart is really really old, like 2 years old, so anything I say, take it with a huge dose of salt. I am detecting mostly strawberry but it's not a fruity strawberry, more jammy strawberry. TDC's throw is always good though, medium high!

Key Lime Pie (A Bit of Bliss) - Not pictured
This reminds me of a vanilla lime ice cream from my childhood but I am surprised that it's milkier than I expected. I don't get much of the pie. This is throwing really well with my 11w warmer  in the office, right out of the doors!

Fruity Pebbles (Up The Creek)
What an authentic scent this one is. It starts out strong but slowly peters out to medium-high throw. Unfortunately, the scent only lasted one tea light which is really short in my book.

Repeat Melts
Silk Sheets (Two Timing Tart) - My first finished clamshell!
Lemon Juniper (Two Timing Tart)
Tease (Two Timing Tart)

2 comments:

  1. Rosegirls on the way is always great news!!! I am pumped about ordering from them soon too. I have never heard of Enchanted Candle Co. I will keep an eye out if you post about them. I hope you get scents you love in your mystery bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am expecting delivery within these few days. Eeee! Will definitely post up my haul for Enchanted Candle Co, it's a rather new company but I love how she incorporates Disney themes!

      Delete