Sunday, July 26, 2015

Haul | Super Tarts (2)

I finally made my second Super Tarts order, I have been tempted many times during their regular clamshell restocks but I was always a few scents short of an order worth the shipping. When Brandy announced that she would be putting together a Lavender Sample, I knew I wouldn't be passing this one up. Several scents in this sampler have been getting lots of rave reviews and I am so happy to finally get to try it.



Data Lavender Cream, Pear Slices and Sugar Cookies
This is a surprising scent, I didn't think that a lavender scent can be classified as creamy and bakery, but there you are. There is hint of citrus contributed by the pear beneath the cream.

Donatello Lavender Cream and Honeydew Melon
Another surprising blend that somehow works. I find the Honeydew Melon note stronger than the Lavender, it's very juicy too!

Galactus Lavender, Raspberry Sorbet and Lovespell
This is a really sweet and unique blend. I can't quite describe it, not sure if I like this either.

Go To Sleep Lavender Cream and Pink Sugar
Great sleepytime scent! I am not surprised that this is such a popular scent.

Lavender Orange Dream Sweet Lavender mixed with our Orange Sherbet
Love this one! The Orange Sherbet is so sprightly and energetic. While stronger than the Lavender, I can still detect it.

Magneto Lavender, Strawberry Jam, Vanilla Buttercream
Unfortunately this has that stuffy-plasticky scent to it, I am guessing it's coming from the Strawberry scent. Which is surprising because ST's Strawberry scent is very popular.

Ravenclaw Blue Raspberry and Lavender
I can see why this is such a popular scent. The sweet Lavender smooths out the sharp acidity of the Blue Raspberry and they blend well together.

Sentinal Herbal Lavender, Blackberry Preserves, Marshmallow
Yummy, the Blackberry Preserves is the star here. I don't get much of the Herbal Lavender for now. I just can't get over how good the Blackberry scent is!

Spock Lavender Blueberry Cheesecake
One of my favourites of this sampler, like Sentinal, the Blueberry Cheesecake scent is the strongest and so good. Probably the best Blueberry scent I have ever sniffed. But unlike Sentinal, the Lavender emerges underneath and blends really well with the Blueberry Cheesecake.

Thanos Herbal Lavender Buds and Whipped Cream
Another favourite for its simplicity and deliciousness. This is the type of Lavender scent I would melt nightly to relax and fall asleep to.


4 comments:

  1. My friend has this sampler and I got to sniff them all. She ended up giving me Data and Go To Sleep. I agree about the strawberry and raspberry ones. Not really my faves. Enjoy your order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Data and Go To Sleep too, definitely the stand-outs of these sampler! Enjoy too!

      Delete
  2. I wondered if Magneto could have had that smell, plasticky and fake, bummer that it does. Go to Sleep is amaaaazing!! Data sounds excellent! I got my order from her and most of my clamshells smelled a bit of that skunky smell, I had to rebag them all just in case. Scent shots are the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid of clamshells now because I am seeing a lot of my TBG clams getting really soft at the bottom after more than a year. But ST's scent shots always seem to not fit really well with the tops coming off, I usually attribute mine to the international shipping but I think other domestic orders have that problem too? So excited to try Go To Sleep but I also want to hoard it!!!

      Delete