Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wax Notes | May 2015

I had a lot going on this past month, racing around to get things done, travelling to Manila for a conference, a huge presentation & report that I just completed and trying to have a semblance of a social life. Some nights, I came home so late that I didn't have time to freeze out my wax to put in new ones which means I melted really really little this month.

In other wax news, my name was finally tagged by SMT, it has been shipped out and it's now sitting pretty in my US mailbox and I can't wait to get it! I am also waiting for a Tiffany's order that I made on Saturday during her restock. I think I am done for a little while, or so I say...


Barbie Girl (Tiffany Candles)
I bought this scent because I was curious about how kiwi would blend. I am happy to report that this is absolutely beautiful floral-fruity blend with an airy, aquatic quality to it, rounded off by a base of tropical notes of pineapples and pears. I don't think I have melted anything quite like this. Medium scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Lemon Slices (Ten Digit Creations)
A clean and fresh lemon bordering on soap-like. High throw, medium high scent impact.

Marilyn's Margarita (Rosegirls)
I was searching for a fresh and citrusy scent among my stash (it gets so hard nowadays) and I decided I need to melt through my RG sampler from April 2014. I found this one and I love it! The lemon & lime isn't as sharp as I feared. But it's the exact blend of sweet and citrus that I wanted on a hot hot Sunday! And it even has a tinge of salt!

Moscato (Ten Digit Creations)
A sweet, full-bodied, candy grape scent. Nothing like a moscato in my opinion but very pleasant. Medium high throw, medium scent impact.


Raspberry Streuselkuchen (Rosegirls)
It's a cool, rainy day and I wanted a comforting fruity-bakery scent to accompany me today. The raspberry scent is strongest for me, fruity and sprightly, with only a hint of soft bakery. Medium high scent throw, medium scent impact.

Zucchini Bread, Serendipity Smoothie, Strawberry Jam (Sniff My Tarts)
A sweet, comforting scent. I find that the smoothie note is the strongest. Occasionally, the strawberry jam sneaks through and it's really good! I am really beginning to really like jam-type scents. Medium high scent throw, medium scent impact.

Boo Berry, Zucchini Bread, VBN (L3WW)
This scent is surprisingly quiet, I was expecting it to hit me a little harder, what with the zucchini and the VBN. Could it be the age of the wax, it's about a year old? It's sweet and bread-y from what I can smell. :( Medium-high, medium-low scent impact.

Lady Tremaine (Enchanted Candle Co.)
I think this might be my favourite Lavender scent from Enchanted, the rest are a bit too laundry!Lavender whereas this one is significantly softer and greener, tamed by the tea and berry scent notes.

Champagne, Pomegranate, Grapefruit, Rock Candy (Super Tarts) - Not pictured
I found this chunk lurking in one my wax stash boxes and I decided to melt it because it's on the older side. Weirdly, I keep thinking of sweet cookies when I melt this one.

Repeat Melts
Tea with The Queen of Hearts (The Bathing Garden)
Pomegranate Wildberry Mousse (L3WW)
Sultan (Enchanted)
Bodacious Bowser (Rosegirls)
Mandarin Oranges, Pomegranate, Satsuma (SMT)

2 comments:

  1. I love Sultan by Enchanted!
    I don't think I've ever had Kiwi in wax before! I'm glad you found it pleasing, I'm excited to try it now.
    Have a great week Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite scent from Enchanted, I am so sad that I may not get more in the future. I think you would really like Barbie Girl, let me know what you think when you try it! :)

      Delete