Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Haul | Enchanted Candle Company (5)

I am finally posting up my mega Enchanted Candle Company haul from it's March re-opening. This is going to be bittersweet because this might be my last Enchanted haul ever, as Debra is halting her business to concentrate on her health. She mentioned that she might do some RTS now and then, so never say never right? I am just glad I made such a big order on this one because I really love her stuff. It's going to take a couple of years for me to use them all up but it will be a sad day when I drop that last piece of wax into my warmers. This order had a TAT of about a month.


For this order, I mixed it up with custom blends, new-to-me house blends and re-purchases of my favourites. As part of the special deal she was running during the order, I qualified for three 4-packs where I could choose the scents. It was such a great deal overall!



This is the first haul that I received with my own custom blends and I was really excited to sniff what I had created, would they smell great or would they smell like poop?

Cup of Earl + Honey Tree + Walt's Lemon Meringue Pie
These are three of my favourite scents and I thought they would meld together into for a tea-time scent. It's sweet and surprisingly pepperminty, with undertones of lemon if I sniff harder. I hope the tea scent will come out stronger upon melting.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice + Peppermint + Duchess
For this blend, I was trying to inject an added dose of minty freshness into the energy of the orange juice, sweetening the overall blend with Duchess. I think I succeeded! 

Honey Tree + Jack Frost

My take on a sweet, sleepy time scent, I really like this one!

Mac Apple + Cup of Earl + Powdered Sugar

I have been looking for an Apple Tea scent for awhile but since there isn't any blends out there, I thought I would just make my own, and it is yummy! I am loving this!


Bow Chicka Wow Wow Sultan, Rose Jam and Due at 6.02 (Created by Roselie Freeman)
What an interesting blend, I can't believe how well the leather scent from Due at 6.02 blends with Sultan and Rose Jam. I can definitely detect Sultan in there (because I love it so much).

Crisp Nectarine Vanilla, mint and nectarine
This is one of my favourite new scents from Enchanted! The nectarine scent is so sweet, so juicy and so energising! How do I get more of this?!

Fruit & Fluff Oranges, apples, pears and melons coasted in rich whipped cream
Another awesome fruity scent, with the oranges and apples being stronger than the rest, the whipped cream is in the mix, sweetening it out but not as strong as I thought it might be.

Liberty Tree An old towering oak tree with the added crispness of a Macintosh Apple
So much apple goodness in this scent! I don't really get the oak tree yet because the apple is so overwhelming.



Long Winter's Nap Vanilla, lavender, peppermint and pink sugar
Re-purchase!

Rose Jam Lush dupe of a very sweet rose and a hint of fresh strawberry
Now I know why this is such a popular scent,I am not sure if I would like it in a bath & body product, might be too overwhelming for me. But it's a great home scent, sweet and just a little bit fruity with that faint note of strawberry.

The Mash Apple, pumpkin and cranberry

This is the only kind of Fall scents that I like, the blend of these three scents are so good!

Tiana Waterlily with a touch of sweet, fresh mint

I have been eyeing this scent for awhile because it sounds so lovely, and it really is! Fresh, flora and aquatic, fit for a Disney princess!



Cashmere & Silk Fresh vanilla with sandalwood, patchouli, and musk accented by rose, violet and apricot (free sample)
A beautiful fresh and floral scent, and although it has no aquatic and watery accords I am somehow detecting them.

Lilacs & Lemonade (free sample)
Another winner! I really like how an acidic lemonade scent is tempered by the beautiful lilac floral note, and the lilac note is made more interesting by the lemonade! Someone find me another vendor who does this blend!

Thunderstorm Till Death To Us Part, Winds in the East, Riverboat (free sample)
A blend by Rosalie Freeman, this is a gorgeous, fresh scent that is sweeter and muskier than a real thunderstorm. I love it!



All of these 8oz bags are re-purchases because I love them!

Cup of Earl Sweet herbal cup of Earl Grey tea that is both fresh and clean

Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane English scones and a freshly brewed pot of tea

Springtime Breaktime Sweet sugared cookies, honey and a refreshing glass of lemonade

The Sultan's Moroccan Massage Oil Rosemary, peppermint and lavender

This was really a fabulous order, there is nothing in there I don't like! I can only hope Debra will be able to recover and possibly go back into business again someday because I really really want everyone to be able to try her wax and love them as much as I do. Not to mention, I never want to be out of Enchanted.

4 comments:

  1. What a nice order! I am sorry one of your favorite vendors has closed up. You really picked some amazing sounding blends. I love your apple tea idea. I love apple tea. Lauren shared some of her peppermint meringue and sultan with me and I couldn't stop melting it. They were great! I hope Debra will be able to recover too. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I think most people in the group are holding out hope she will return one day. I love Apple Tea too, I am going to have to find other vendors who can do this custom blend! Sultan is one of my absolute favourite scents, so glad you like it too!

      Delete
  2. I'm kicking myself for not ordering more from Debra! I think she did an amazing job at unique scents and scent combinations. I'm grateful to be in her group to take advantage of trying to purchase a flash sales. Great order Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get an order in the March opening? Yes, she does have some great scent combos! Yay, at least you are in the group! :)

      Delete