Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Wax Notes | June 2015 (1)

When you read this post, I will be in Brisbane, Australia for a one-week vacation! :) I have been really looking forward to this week of vacation for a long time, having had a frantic few months of work! It feels so good to relax in laid-back Australia with good food, good coffee, wandering around and exploring a city I am slowly becoming familiar with.


Red Mac Apple (Ten Digit Creations)
A straight-forward sweet, crunchy fall apple scent. Medium high scent throw, medium scent impact.

Winter's Dream (Tiffany Candles)
It's always fun to try a new scent that you wouldn't normally buy on your own. This is a cinnamon, clove and mulberry blend. It's slightly spicy and I smell more clove than cinnamon. I imagine this is how a cabin set deep in the wintry woods would smell like. Medium scent throw and impact.

Creme de la Creme (Crabby Candle Co.)
Sweet and creamy, and just a touch more complicated than straight up vanilla. I keep thinking of cookies! High scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Marshmallow Cookie Jar (The Bathing Garden)
A sweet, marshmallow scent. I am was very disappointed by the throw on this wax and I am wondering is it because of the age of the wax? This was part of the January 2014 restock. Does anyone have the same experience?


Tweetledum's Dilemma (The Bathing Garden)
This scent says grape serendipity  but I keep thinking apple apple apple! This scent is really good! Medium throw, medium high scent impact.

Banana Best Friends Boo Berry (L3WW)
Another company that might be losing its scent with age, I smell a faint creamy fruity-banana scent. I am definitely not one for the banana scents.

So Fresh (Smelly Buttons)
I almost forgot I have a few of this Australian wax company's tarts that I need to use. They are approximately a year old as well. This is probably a dupe of a Marc Jacob's Daisy Eau So Fresh perfume, at least that's what Google told me when I googled So Fresh. It's a lovely, perfumey, powdery scent. Medium throw, medium scent impact.

Vanilla Lime (Ten Digit Creations)
This scent has ambitions of sweetening and softening a sour scent but I don't think it succeeded. Medium throw, medium scent impact.


Lemon Noel Smoothie (Rosegirls)
This scent is Fruit Loops without the cereal note! Very, very yummy! A little disappointed with the throw being weaker than I hoped. Medium throw, medium impact.

Fencing Master (Thirty Street Wax)
I really like this scent, so much that I would repurchase! A twist on your fruity scent with that dab of sea salt, it becomes a fresh seaside-esque scent! Medium high scent throw, medium scent impact

Sea of Tears (The Bathing Garden) - Not pictured.
I like this scent a lot on cold throw. On warm, it's a very soapy, perfumy scent and a little bit overwhelming.

Lime Coco (Smelly Buttons) - Not pictured.
So weak a throw I can't really discern any lime or the coconut. :(

Repeat Melts
Boo Berry Zucchini Bread Vanilla Bean Noel (L3WW)
Prince Humperdink (Thirty Street Wax)
Tweetledum's Epiphany (The Bathing Garden)
Pomegranate, Grape Muscadine, Blue Raspberry Slushee (Sniff My Tarts)
Happy (Streetman Candle Co)

No comments:

Post a Comment