Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wax Notes | March 2015

What a long month, March was. So many things has happened in the span of these few weeks that I am slightly reeling from it all. Last week, Singapore entered into a week of national mourning as our first Prime Minister Mr Lee Kuan Yew passed away. It was a pretty emotional week for the entire country as we mourned in our own ways, followed all the news reports of the funeral service and waited in long lines (up to 10 hours!) to pay our last respects as Mr Lee lay in state.

Before that, I also had a little weekend getaway with friends to Bangkok! We had so much fun, exploring the city, eating all those yummy Thai food, finding new cafes and shopping at night markets! You can follow along my instagram (@greenteafields) for pictures!

So with all these things, I haven't been melting as much as I should, that's why I combined my usual fortnightly melts post into one. I am also still working on my Wax Favourites post so look out for that!



Lavender Rosemary Vanilla Mint (Glitterati Candle Co.)
I really like this scent combination, the vanilla really smoothens and sweetens the edges of the rosemary and the mint. However, there is an undertone that I associate with Glitterati, I find that it does interfere with the scent. But I am going to reserve judgement until I melt more from her. Very high throw for half a chunk and medium scent impact which is what you want from a scent like that.

Raspberry Lilac (Rosegirls)
Sweet, fruity scent with a tad of floral sweetness. Lovely!

Fresh Fruit / Forbidden Fruit / Sex on the Beach (Sniff My Tarts)
This scent combo just reminds me a fruit jelly! It's just so wholesome (despite the suggestive sounding individual scents, heehee!). Scent throw and impact are decent, both medium-high.

Long Winter's Nap (Enchanted Candle Co.)
This will be my go-to bedtime scent, it is a very equal blend of vanilla, lavender, peppermint and pink sugar. So glad I bought a 4oz bag at the recent Enchanted opening but really I should have gotten it in an 8oz bag! High throw and medium high  scent impact.



Tweetledum's Epiphany (The Bathing Garden)
Isn't this such a pretty piece of wax, I love how the pretty peach colour and the psychedelic glitter. The scent itself is really sweet and fruity, sometimes I think I am sniffing a soft drink, sometimes raspberry and peach. I like this one!

Bartlett Pear (Ten Digit Creations)
Bartlett Pear was one of my first scents that I melted 6-7 years ago. I love the combination of elegant and fruity with this one and I need to get heaps more of this. Sadly, it seems to be on TDC's clearance list, I am hoping it will be saved otherwise I have got to go in and order a few more soon. Medium-high scent and impact.

Tea with the Queen of Hearts (The Bathing Garden)
I was hoping for the rose scent note to come out more but this scent is a bit too similar to Tea Party with Alice for me. I still love that sweet black tea note though. Medium scent and impact. On second melt, I detect more rose notes.

Heads Up Sevens Up (Enchanted Candle Co.)
More cleaner lemon, rather than seven up. But it is fizzy and uplifting, a scent that I really needed today because it's been raining and I needed some energy! Scent throw is medium high and impact is medium.

Repeat Melts
Walt's Lemon Meringue Pie (Enchanted) - So I melted this in my 11w warmer at work and it's a little better but not much. But at least I can discern that the lemon note is more clean than bakery.
Lemon Tea Party (The Bathing Garden)
Gardenia Coconut Cream (The Bathing Garden)
Tea Party with Alice (The Bathing Garden)
Violet Mojito (Two Timing Tart)
Lavender Rosemary Vanilla Mint (Glitterati)
Duchess Apple Rose Tarte (The Bathing Garden)

4 comments:

  1. My condolences for the loss of your Prime Minister. He must have been an extraordinary man.

    You have had a crazy March. I hope April brings some peace and relaxation. I am not sure if this matters to you, but Glitterati uses Lavender Cucumber Sage for her lavender scent. I find I don't really care for the cucumber undertone to it. I like my lavenders herbal or sweet. Not watery. I just placed my Glitterati custom order. Woot! Mostly mints and pinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. April is going to be just as nuts, we have lots of events at the end of the month and we are working our butts off, but it will be a good kind of busy! Oh, that's interesting of Glitterati, it's not a straight lavender scent, no wonder it smells so differently from other companies' lavender blends. I like my lavenders herbal or sweet too! Ooh, another custom order, I look forward to that!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry for the loss of Prime Minister Mr Lee Kuan Yew. It was sad news. :(

    Really great melts! Tea with the Queen of Hearts sounds amazing, I looooove tea scents. Did you like lemon tea party? That one is extraordinary! You were all over the place with your scents in March! Hey, I am glad we're following each other on Instagram now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren. It amazes me at the global tributes that poured in! Even President Clinton came down for the State Funeral!

      Yes, I loved Lemon Tea Party! I haven't found a tea scent I haven't like. Enchanted's Earl Grey Tea is another fave of mine, try that out if you can get your hands on it. Yes, it's so great to have each other on instagram!

      Delete