Friday, April 17, 2015

Wax Notes | April 2015 (1)

I am stealing a few moments to type this out. These last two weeks have been busy busy busy, and it's about to get worse. Ack! But at least I have a shipment of wax hauls to look forwards to. I click SHIP for my latest Two Timing Tart hauls and my mega Enchanted Candle Co. custom order. I am so looking forward to the custom blends I made.

Two more outstanding orders to go: Sniff My Tarts (October'14 custom opening) and Super Tarts Lavender Sampler! I am contemplating a third order to round out the next shipment. Ten Digit Creations, Tiffany's or Candles From The Keeping Room? Help me decide!

\

Madame President (Beezy Tarts)
A mostly sweet and spicy floral scent and a base of ozone and vanilla. Medium scent throw, medium scent impact. I melted the second half in my 11w warmer and it threw like a BEAST! I am pretty impressed! High-high scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Ruby Slippers (Vintage Chic Scents)
After one year, I have finally decided to melt my VCS scents. Yes, one year, I checked! I have been hoarding them because I don't know when will I ever be able to buy them outright from the website. The VCS shopping cart unfortunately does not allow for non-American credit cards (I think I should check in with Kirby about this). The two hauls have been from flash sales from her Facebook page in which I was very very lucky. So anyway, I love this scent, it's that perfect combination of sweet, citrusy and fizzy. Medium-high scent throw and medium-high scent impact.

Pistachio Gelato (Crabby Candle Co.)
I have never tried a pistachio scent before, it's interesting but I am not sure if I would order this willingly again. High-high throw, medium high scent impact. It's really such a pity that Crabby doesn't seem to be in operation any more. Their tarts throw so well in my warmers, this one went right out of my house again!

Prince Humperdink (Thirty Street Crafts)
Maraschino cherry scent is strongest, with the full sweetness of pineapple and coconuts. Not much citrus scent, occasionally a whiff here and there. Medidum high throw, medium high scent impact.


Honey Lemon (Ten Digit Creations)
Honey, honey! This is great scent, comforting and relaxing, it also lingers for awhile after it's done. However, I don't detect very much lemon, if at all. This would be a great blending scent too. Medium high throw, medium high scent impact.

Pink Sugar, Rose Red (Two Timing Tart)
I am not a big Pink Sugar lover but surprisingly, when mixed with Rose Red, with its hints of sea salt, this is quite nice. The floral sweetness of rose and pomegranate also helps to tone down the sickly sweetness of Pink Sugar. High throw, medium high scent impact.

Apple Harvest (Ten Digit Creations)
I am a big fan of apple scents and I have yet to find one that I don't like. I even like them in bakery blends! Apple Harvest isn't your typical juicy apple fruit scent but rather the apple scent you encounter in the apple orchards in autumn. It tends towards the apple scent you would find in apple pie as well. I love it! Medium high scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Orange Blossoms (Ten Digit Creations)
This is a lovely floral scent, it's not cloying or overly sweet. There is a faint, orange-citrus hint that I wish was more apparent and I really want to blend this with a stronger citrus note! Medium high scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Repeat Melts
The Sultan's Morrocan Massage Oil (Enchanted)

4 comments:

  1. Michelle! I find your life so exotic and exciting. I've always wondered if your career brings on a lot of your travel or pleasure. I suspect both :)
    It was a sad day when I read that Enchanted was going to close. I immediately thought of you. I enjoyed my order from her.
    If you ever need me to order from VCS for you, I would be happy to do so. Seriously, just let me know.
    Hope you have a great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunnee, it's really not thatttt exciting, I basically, work, eat, sleep, read. I don't travel much, maybe once or twice a year for a conference or a student trip, mostly regional. Sigh, I am so sad about Enchanted but Debra said she might experiment with limited openings such as monthly samplers? Health comes first! I am going to experiment at the next VCS opening, her website accepts paypal now and perhaps that will work for me! I will try this round! Thank you for offering, I so appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooooo a third order? I vote CFTKR but I have been on a huge CFTKR kick. I am actually wanting to place a TD C order myself since in am down to two scents left. I can't wait to see your incoming orders! Especially SMT. I feel like this most recent opening of theirs is dragging on. Hope your busyness is not stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want CFTKR but I missed the last two openings because I haven't quite got the rhythm of her openings yet. I really really want to order because her scents sound so good. TDC is always good in my books, you could even use your own 10% discount code! Lol! OMG SMT, I am going nuts waiting for my name to be called, I know I am in the next group but it's been almost two months since the last pinned post update! I am sooo close yet so far!

      Delete