Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wax Notes | April 2015 (2)

Happy Labour Day! Phew, it's been a long and tiring two weeks but I finally get a bit of a break this weekend. It's a three-day weekend for me. I don't have much plans but I am going to cobble some stuff up because I need to get out of my room and get some fresh air!

There seems to be a lot of sales and openings this weekend, I hope everyone is going to get in on the action! I am planning to try my luck again for the Candles From The Keeping Room opening, going to start on my list after this. My Super Tarts Lavender Sampler was just delivered and I am looking forwards to sniffing that! I also got in my hauls from Enchanted Candle Co. and Two Timing Tart, they are amazing and I am going to start working on blog posts for them. Any new waxy goodies for you too?


Lemon Marshmallow (Ten Digit Creations)
Ohmygosh, why have I not melted this scent before, it is so good. That zesty, fresh, ooey, gooey lemon melds so well with marshmallow. I was afraid that marshmallow would be too sweet but it isn't. Medium high throw, medium high impact.

Raspberry Jam, Strawberry Preserves, Grape Jelly (Sniff My Tarts)
This scent is so ridiculously fruity, it just makes me smile! One of the strongest scents on cold sniff but it was just alright heated up. Medium high throw, medium impact.

Lemon + Birthday Bash (Tiffany Candles)
This tiny sample from Tiffany's threw like a beast. I had the door to my office closed and I was out for a meeting when I started melting it. I came back, opened the door and the scent just hit me with a blast! It also started pumping out to the rest of the lounge and scented up the entire space. High throw, medium high impact. The scent itself is really good, very reminiscent of fruit loops!

Frosty Pine / Peppermint / Pink Sugar (SMT)
This is a chunk gifted to me by the lovely Julie J. I had admired her sheet cake of this scent blend when she posted about her SMT haul on her blog and I was so happy to find a chunk in her RAOK to me, among other awesome stuff!


Bodacious Bowser (Rosegirls)
A non-traditional take on a green apple scent. I like to sniff it because it's so unique and I want to figure it out. Probably not one I would order in a bag. Medium high throw, medium impact.

Mandarin Oranges, Pomegranate, Satsuma (Sniff My Tarts)
With this scent, I was hoping for energetic citrus, it was more of mild, soothing citrus due to the mellowness and sweetness of the pomegranate. Medium throw, medium impact.

Champagne Pomegranate, Grapefruit, Rock Candy (Super Tarts)
Sweet and candy-ish. This scent didn't make much of an impression on me though, the throw was medium to light and didn't last very long. :(

Lavender Apple (Ten Digit Creations)
Even though TDC advertises this as a blend of lavender and apple, it's stronger on the apple with a underlying bed of lavender. Perfect for a mellow day. Medium throw, medium impact.

Repeat Melts
Pink Sugar Peach Smoothie Strawberry (L3WW)
Sultan (Enchanted)



2 comments:

  1. Great melts! Were you able to get in an order with CFTKR? It was a crazy opening this time. I snagged some good ones though. TDC lemon marshmallow sounds perfect. I do love Tiffany's Birthday Bash. A great scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a late reply, life's been hectic lately. Nope, I wasn't, I had a shopping cart going but the website closed while I was in the midst of it because the refreshing? I had so little that I decided to dump it and then the next opening snuck up on me. Better lucky next time...

      Delete