Sunday, April 27, 2014

Destash / Act of Kindness from Sunnee


If you are reading my blog, chances are you are also reading Fragrance Obsessed, a wax blog written by a lovely lady Sunnee. When I stepped back into the wax world, Fragrance Obsessed was my bible. I learnt about so many new vendors and ordering methods. Besides the comprehensive posts, Sunnee also takes really beautiful photos of her wax hauls and keeps an interesting mix of anecdotes about her life and inspirations. I am so glad I took the first step in commenting on her blog, after back-and-forth comments on blogs, adding each other on Facebook and chatting occasionally, I really feel like Sunnee and I are now friends!

Sunnee had a destash recently on her blog where everyone could choose what they wanted on a first-come-first-serve basis. I managed to snag a few items during the free for all, I HEART WAX's Serendipty Peppermint 4-pack, Streetman Candle Co's Happy bundt  and Orchid Lake's Peanut Butter Cup. The rest of the items were picked out by Sunnee and they are awesome. I really like everything that she sent!

Beezy Tarts - Madam President Fresh, zesty citrus notes balanced out by feminine florals of jasmine, white rose, and freesia. Nuances of musks and ozonic notes are backed by a hint of sweet vanilla, ending with a warm amber base.
The musks and ozone are the strongest notes for me here, followed by the florals. Pretty!

Beezy Tarts - Icy Peppermint Sweet icy peppermint
Strong and sweet peppermint. I am going to cut this up and melt it by itself and maybe blend it with other stuff.

Beezy Tarts - Starburst Smells like a juicy Starburst!
Wow, this smells really like the sweet, amazing!

Beezy Tarts - Strip and Go Naked Oranges, lemons, limes and sweet berries.
SO GOOD! I can see why Sunnee loves this so much. This is a perfect summer scent, with all that fizzy citrus going around. Can't wait to melt this one.

I HEART WAX - Serendipity Peppermint 
I am not a fan of Hello Kitty but they are rather adorable in wax form. This blend is yummy, the peppermint is strong but I can detect cherries, vanilla and a little coconut. I can see this becoming a night-time fave.

Lasting Scent Candles - Cactus & Sea Salt
I have had this scent from LSC before. Cactus & Sea Salt is my family's favourite scent!

Lasting Scent Candles - Tie Dye Red raspberry, meyer lemon, key lime, navel orange, vanilla bean ice cream and rock candy sprinkles
When I first saw this loaf on Sunnee's blog, I was amazed at how gorgeous it was. I wonder how LSC created this loaf, the colours are gorgeous. I am so happy to be able to try this out because it is one, amazing, fruity blend. Now I have a problem, how am I going to get more  LSC, why are you so difficult to order from!


Orchid Lake Candles & Soaps (now known as Wilma) - Peanut Butter Cup
I feel like I just opened up the peanut butter jar but there's also a slight artificiality to the peanut butter. I think PB and chocolate scents tend to be like that.

Rosegirls - Greased Lightning Strawberry Jam chunks, Strawberry Shortcake chunks and Cuppa Cake overpour
I am so excited to see that Sunnee picked out a Rosegirls chunk for me! Rosegirls chunks are really gorgeous, I intend to put in an order when they next open (must accumulate wax karma)! I am picking up on the strawberry jam and a cake note. Yums!

Streetman Candle Company - Happy Strawberries, pears, sugars and lilac blossom
This is the biggest piece of wax I have ever gotten! It didn't look so very huge on Sunnee's blog. Thank goodness I am loving this scent! The lilac blossoms blends so well with the fruits!

Up The Creek - Fruity Pebbles
I always thought Fruity Pebbles was another way of saying Fruit Loops but I googled for scent descriptions and I found out this is another cereal brand. It's very similar to Fruit Loops though, maybe less on the lemon and lime.

6 comments:

  1. Great destash!!! Isn't great getting to try so many different wax vendors. I have enjoyed Iheartwax, let us know how you like the peppermint serendipity warmed please. That combo sounds interesting. Sunnee is so sweet and genuine. I am really enjoying your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I am definitely going to melt IHEARTWAX this week because Audra will be re-opening this week for custom orders, I already have a small list going on the website! I am (perversely) looking forward to chopping the Hello Kitty head into two. LOL!

      Thank you! I am enjoying writing it too.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that you posted this. I love seeing my tarts photographed in their new owners' homes! Thank you and I'm thrilled that the box arrived safely and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just another home this time but another country! Thank you again for so many of the amazing scents and companies that you sent. I still can't quite believe it! :)

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete