Friday, January 31, 2014

Trying Out Two Timing Tart

Hot on the heels of my The Bathing Garden order, I made another order at Two Timing Tart, another vendor I had always wanted to try. In fact, when I tried creating a new customer account, the system told me I already had an existing one. After logging in, I discovered I actually had a cart in progress!

Two Timing Tart used to ship internationally but they have recently stopped that practice. I was a little upset when I realised it because I had been working on a new cart and filling it up full of Doctor Who-inspired scents (if they smell as delicious as they sound, I am going to be ordering them all the time). I actually wrote an email to Becky asking if she would grant me an exception. About 10 minutes after sending off the email, I remembered that there are mail services out there that provide buyers with a US-shipping address to buy from US-only companies and then forwarding the packages to their respective home addresses. I spent a few days figuring out which company to use. After settling on comGateway, I found out on TTT's Facebook page that Becky would be discontinuing the wax she uses and would be having a sale on her remaining stock. I immediately jumped to it and ordered 12 scents in clamshells.

Hello Sweetie
Madman With A Box
Still Not Ginger
The Sound of Drums
Daydreamer
Drunk Photography
Drunk Texting
Drunk Tweeting
This One Time at Summer Camp
Captain Tightpants
Silk Sheets
Tease

US shipping was initially charged at $12.90 through the cart but Becky refunded me $3.92 a few days later. Total final shipping for 12 clamshells is $8.98. I ordered on 25 January and I just received an email stating that the package has arrived at my US address. 5 business days for filling the order and shipping it out. That's fast! Becky also included a note in my invoice acknowledging that she didn't see my shipping email earlier due to some problems with her website system, and that she had started filling out my order when she saw the email. Well, no harm done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment