Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hello!

A long time ago, I used to write a wax/bath & body blog where I documented my hauls, reviews and notes. I stopped writing that blog in 2010 when I graduated from college and began focusing my energies on my work and developing my passion for film photography. There was also nothing much to write because I made the decision to stop hauling regularly to try and finish up what I had. I rarely bought new make-up products, I made only 2-3 small wax orders a year to replenish whenever I needed a little more. This usually happens in December or January when I feel a little more flush from work bonus payouts.

This year, as I started to look up the various vendors again, I noticed how much the wax world has changed! New vendors, new products (pies, loaves, chunks), new ways of the wax world (super long TATs, vendors having to close down within minutes to deal with demand, projected openings), new ways of communications (facebook groups), new terminologies (RTS, destash). It took me quite awhile to figure everything out all over again. But it was exciting and I wanted to get back into it.

A less exciting discovery was that less and less vendors were shipping internationally, and that USPS Priority Shipping had risen to 25USD for international packages. Which is crazy fast, considering that it was only 12USD about 3-4 years ago. For the last few days, I have been looking into online shopping & shipping services that would allow me to have a US address for online shopping and combine my packages from US to Singapore to save a few bucks. I have already settled on one and I am going to be testing out this service for a couple of orders. If this works, I can definitely see myself hauling regularly again.

And this is where this blog comes in. I wanted a fresh start from the old blog to motivate me to write and to document. I also wanted a way to contribute and to be part of the community. I don't intend to start a youtube channel (although there are a few impulsive videos I did in 2009/2010 floating around out there) and I find it hard to contribute on the general facebook groups as an international and a less than frequent buyer. So here's hoping that this will work out. I am really looking forward to it!



8 comments:

  1. Michelle! I am so glad you commented on a post of mine thus pointing to your blog. I love it and I will be reading every update. Welcome back to the wax world! I hope your shipping services work out and you can continue to get wax shipped more reasonably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunnee, thank you! I am enjoying myself, discovering this whole new world! Your blog really helped a lot as I learned more about all the new vendors and practices!

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle, welcome back to the wax blogging world. I saw you on Sunnee's blog so decided to stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yasmine, thank you! I am very much enjoying myself right now! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Michelle! Sunnee mentioned your blog and I had to stop by. Where in Singapore do you live? I grew up in Jakarta in the 70s and we lived in Singapore for a few months before moving back to the US. I used to love shopping with my mom on Orchard Road :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you for clicking over! I live in Hougang, in the North Eastern part of Singapore!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! I love waxy blogs! I look forward to reading yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to writing it too!

      Delete