Saturday, March 5, 2016

Wax Notes | Feb 2016 (1)

I meant to upload this post at the mid-point of the month as per usual but somehow I forgot and I thought I had. When I realised it wasn't done yet, I figured I would just do one post this month since I melted a little lesser in the second half, due to a bad week and that I will be in Hong Kong for a quick vacation by the time you read this!


Apple Pie (Sniff My Tarts)
Love this Apple Pie scent! It's spicier than sweet and I really enjoyed this one. Lucky for me, I have more of it! Medium scent throw, medium scent impact.

Sugar Milk (Ten Digit Creations) - Not pictured
Low performer. Barely any scent. But when I go near to my warmer, I do smell a sweet milk scent.

Miss Frosty (K's Kreation)
I still don't know what this scent is about. There is a slight eucalyptus note and maybe some pink sugar? Medium low throw, medium low scent impact.

Apple Colada (Rosegirls) - Not pictured
Fruity fun! Super high throw, medium scent impact.

Sugar Cookie Fruit Loops (Two Timing Tart)
The sugar cookie scent note really amps up the fruit loops and lends a touch of warmth to the blend. Very nice and perfect for a rainy, cool night. Medium scent throw, medium high scent impact.

Citrus Noel (Enchanted Candle Co.)
You can never go wrong with Enchanted's throw. I always put this on when we have company at home! The noel scent is very very sweet and the stronger note of the two. But I do detect a tinge of acidity from the citrus just slightly toning down the VBN. Very high throw, high scent impact.



Rainforest Sugarcane Type (Candles From The Keeping Room)
I am really liking this scent. It is such a well-blended scent of the various notes that all I can think of is fresh, sweet greens. Usually, green scents tend to be very strong but this is so subtle and soft. Medium throw, medium scent impact.

Pink Peppermint (Tiffany Candles)
A popular scent blend for a reason. Medium high throw, medium scent impact

Mandarin & Lime (Candles From The Keeping Room)
Surprisingly, this blend is a lot mellower than I thought. I wish it was a lot more acidic to live up to its name. Medium high throw, medium impact.

Blissful Blackberry Type (Candles From The Keeping Room)
I really like this scent. I learnt that it's a BBW dupe of sweet blackberry and soft florals. It's definitely more floral than fruity so if you don't like the former, this might not be what you think it is. But I really like, it's sweet and light. So despite high throw, it's not overpowering. Medium impact.

Repeat Melts
Singin' In The Rain (Rosegirls)
Apple Orchard (K's Kreations)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Just started getting into vendor wax and I love this informative post.

    ReplyDelete