Friday, January 1, 2016

Wax Notes | Nov & Dec 2015

Happy New Year!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Thanksgiving!

All my holidays greetings to you that I missed earlier because I have pretty much lost my blogging and melting mojo. It is a little hard to blog when there is nothing to blog about. I will be back for a little bit in the next few weeks because I broke my NO-BUY during the Black Friday for Pocket Full of Peonies (a newish vendor) and Tiffany Candles (couldn't resist a restock). So yay, hauls!


Green Tea & Willow (Ten Digit Creations)
If the colour green had a scent, I would this would be it. It smells fresh and sweet in a natural way. This is a scent for spring or if you are in the mood for spring!

Annette's Secret Sangria (K's Kreations)

Blackberry Cotton Candy Wafflecone (Rosegirls)

Clementine Lavender (CFTKR)
I thought it would be a softer scent but it's rather sharp and sometimes I think ginger when I get a sniff. Medium throw, medium scent impact.


Twisted Lemon (Ten Digit Creations) - Not Pictured
A more acidic lemon scent, it energises me when I sniff this. Medium throw, medium scent impact.

Peppermint Meringue (Ten Digit Creations) - Not Pictured
Heavier on the meringue than the peppermint. Medium high throw, medium scent impact. Surprisingly this tart lost its scent really quickly. Generally, TDC lasts 2-3 melts for me.

Singing in the Rain (Rosegirls)
You know what, I don't think I care what is really in the blend. All I care about is that it's lovely and I never want to be out of it!

Bailey's in Bed (Crabby Candle Co.)
Creamy and just sweet enough to qualify this as bakery, this is one of the few bakery type scents that I can tolerate. It's not outright boozy but it does suggest that this is an adult scent. Medium scent throw, medium scent impact.

Christmas Cookies (Tiffany Candles)

Lavender (Tiffany Candles) - Not Pictured
I really loved this rendition of Lavender by Tiffany Candles. It's very different from other Lavender scents I have tried so far. Much more herbal, less sweet. Medium scent impact, medium high scent throw.

Vanilla Nutmeg (Thirty Street Crafts)
I was looking for something not-bright and not-fruity and I reached for this one. The vanilla is just sweet enough to temper the nutmeg down to mellow. Beautiful this one. High scent impact, medium high scent throw. This scent really lingers in your space and it lasts forever. I think I must have melted it 4 times at least and the scent barely weakened!


Gabi's Melonade Stand (Enchanted Candle Company)
Loving this scent. It's much more mellow a lemonade scent than you would think and I think it's due to the sweetness of the watermelon. Lovely! So sad I won't be able to get more. High scent throw, high scent impact.

Delicate Daisy (Rosegirls)
This scent was ridiculously perfume-y sweet that I had to switch off my warmer several times in between to breath a little. Definitely not for me. Medium throw, medium impact.

Over The Moon (Rosegirls)
An unmemorable scent, I think it was sweet.

Avocado & Sea Salt (Ten Digit Creations)
Don't let the name of the scent scare you away, this is primarily a marine-based scent with hints of sweetness coming through at times (the scent notes includes grapefruit and rose). I feel that the avocado helps to mellow the sharpness that marine scents can get. High scent throw, medium scent impact.

Repeat Melts
Nilla Strawberry Noel (Rosegirls)
Serendipity (Ten Digit Creations)
Sinus Relief (Tiffany's Candle)
Japanese Honeysuckle (Smelly Buttons)
French Pear (Smelly Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment