Thursday, January 7, 2016

Band of Bloggers | Vol 1 / January 2016


Welcome to the revamped version of Order of the Odor.  We've reorganized and are expanding our monthly topics beyond just all things smelly.  We hope you visit each member's blog to see their contribution each month, and we hope you participate too by leaving your own answers in the comments.

To kick off a new year and a new group effort, we asked . . . 
What vendor (wax or anything) are you MOST excited to order from this year?


This year, while I intend to severely limit my purchase of wax in favour of a determined push to pare down my current stash, this hasn't stopped me from keeping my eye on a few vendors! Wax addict alert! (What, you don't think like that? Why are you reading this! JK!)

I am most interested to purchase from Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy, Haley's Heavenly Scents and Candles by Victoria. These are all veteran companies that have stood the test of time and trends in the wax community. I have had them on list of to-buys for ages but I kept pushing them back in favour of other openings because I knew they would always be there.

CBV will likely be the first purchase because of their annual Super Bowl Sale (if they run it again) which almost always have a great discount. The timing of the sale (Feb) is a little earlier that I would like but this just gives me a good incentive to keep melting!

What about you, what vendors do you intend to order from this year? I would love to know! I haven't had my pulse on the wax world for the last six months or so, are there any new, up and coming vendors I should look into? Tell me!

Don't forgot to visit the rest of the Band of Bloggers to find out their answers to this question. Waxy conversations are fun!

---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.
Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.

Thank you, and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. I always forget about Sugar & Spice! I think I should just start placing small orders there to get the name seared into my wax brain.

    I love the CBV candles but have found the wax tarts too hard for me. They're impossible to cut and I was having problems with them not fully melting. Their scents are STRONG! Hawaiian Hula Muffin is one of my favorites from them.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look forward to your S&S hauls then! Yes, I know what you mean about the hardness of CBV's wax tarts, I purchased some from a seller before and it was so difficult to cut them in two. But wax tarts will be the way to go because I want to try so many of their scents!

      Delete
  2. Great choices! I have never ordered from CBV either but I do love S&S! HHS has some great blends but they burn out if scent so fast for me. I really have s hard time resisting a great wax sale. Can't wait to see what S&S blends you get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, HHS' always have incredible sales, I looked into them during Black Friday but I couldn't put together a substantial order so I left. I suppose I have to try them out for myself.

      Delete
  3. CBV is the reason I stumbled across the world of wax tarts and indie candles! Though I've never bought directly from them I've loved everything of theirs that I've melted. Definitely strong, and definitely hard like Deb said. I always plot an order for their Super Bowl sale and end up chickening out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Watching all those beauty vloggers so long ago. Such a let-down after all the excitement this morning plotting orders but hey, there is still the whole year to go!

      Delete