Thursday, November 5, 2015

Haul | Candles From The Keeping Room (1)

I am really happy to finally be able to place a Candles From The Keeping Room order. It took me several tries before this successful order! In fact, I feel that Rosegirls might be easier to get than CFTKR! I can see why they are so popular, the scent on cold sniff is fantastic, strong and true to the description!


Amazing Grace Type Italian bergamot and sparkling lemons are sweetened with freshly picked citron and neroli. A white floral jasmine, orange blossom and rose are blended with sheer musk and cedarwood.
This one is light on cold sniff. I don't smell the Amazing Grace scent for now.

Apple Grove A perfect combination of Cameo, Macintosh, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples.
Delicious delicious delicious!

Baby Grace Type A fresh accord combining feminine notes of mimosa flowers, poppy, pepper, white woods, fresh greenery and musk.
This smells exactly like the perfume. So beautiful!

Cherry Blossoms Fresh orange top notes sweeten this lush white floral bouquet. Forest ferns adds a natural sensation as light green tones balance the bouquet. Warm woods and a hint of musk warm the floral accord.
This is fairly light on cold throw. Hopefully it's better on warm.



Jade A blend of sweet jasmine, white lilies and violets; middle notes of lavender, rose combined with a delicate touch of sun ripened pineapple; bottom notes of fresh apple and fresh green melon.
Clean, green flora bouquet. It's sweet and fresh!

Lavender Mint
I love how herbal and just purely lavender this is. Fantastic!

Nectarine & Honey A sumptuous blend of nectarine, honey and delicate white florals. Fragrant rose and fresh air musks add to the calming serenity.
This is such a beautiful scent, the honey scent is very much stronger than the nectarine, but the fizziness of the nectarine sneaks in and makes itself known.

Sea Salt & Yuzu Notes of Satsuma orange, ruby red grapefruit, Japanese yuzu, Mediterranean sea salt, sun-kissed apricot, ripe nectarine, blue water lotus and aloe leaf.
I put this in my cart as I was going through the categories quickly while the site was open. I am so glad I bought it, it's a very elegant citrus, highlighted by that hint of salt. I can't wait to melt this.



Even though I watched all the youtube videos and read all the blog posts of CFTKR hauls, I was still a little taken aback at how many samples Carol provided. What she gave is comparable to some of the hauls I have made with other companies! I am also excited with what she picked out for me, these are scents that I definitely want to try!

Biolage Matrix Top notes of forest fresh green leaves and lemon zests, and well rounded with fruity notes of peaches, apples, and pineapples.
As a shampoo scent, I thought this would be very soapy but it's sweeter and fresher in real life. I love this!

Blissful Blackberry Type
I think this might be a BBW dupe. I am surprised that it's not more fruity and have a better blackberry scent note. Hopefully it will be better upon melting.

Champagne Pear Type Sparkling champagne with the fresh scent of a ripe juicy pear.
A very spritzy scent. I don't particularly distinguish both scents but like it's light, bubbly and energetic.

Clementine Lavender
This scent is right up my alley! The clementine is stronger than the lavender, juicy and citrusy but the lavender lingers after.

Green Figs Crisp Meyer lemons add a tangy twist to rich fig notes, while precious pomegranate seeds permeate the heart of this exotic citrus scent.
A pleasant, green type scent.

Green Tea Blend
This is a beautiful, fresh scent and I love it! I am also getting clean, citrus notes in there.

Lavender Cream Peppermint
Oh so good, sweet, relaxing and minty! I would totally buy a huge bag of this scent!

Mandarin Lime Fresh mandarin oranges to energise your spirit, and fresh lime to improve your mood.
I am kind of wondering if this might have been labelled wrongly, I don't really smell any Mandarin or any Lime in this scent.

Rain Forest Sugarcane An intriguing mixture that includes fresh lime, raw sugarcane and rare vanilla orchid, and a fabulous blend of Hawaiian hibiscus, pineapple, blood orange, palm grass, lemon mint and Kona sugarloaf.
Such a complicated blend on paper but it all comes together in a soft, sweet, fresh and green type scent. It's really good and if it melts as good as it smells now, I think I will get more of this!

Violets and Birch Green accord, fern, white birch, violet, clove bud, orchid, cedar leaf, musk and amber.
Violets are really overpowering scents to me but I think the Birch tones it down a little with its woodsy notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment